• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[STOCK][UK] Xbox Series X

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why is nobody buying it? It's now past 9 hours without going out of stock. Is there finally light at the end of the tunnel? Have the scalpers gone to the Bahamas for their holidays with their resale proceeds?

its reached the point that it doesn’t make sense for scalpers, which is awesome. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

reksveks

Why is nobody buying it? It's now past 9 hours without going out of stock. Is there finally light at the end of the tunnel? Have the scalpers gone to the Bahamas for their holidays with their resale proceeds?
On stockx now, you are lucky to be making a profit on either console.

KAL2006

Banned
Finally got my X. Actually i wanted to wait for the midgen update, but somehow i doubt there will be any this gen.

Of course there will.

I can't see Microsoft execs being like "our sales data shows One X sales are doing great and the decision for a mid gen upgrade was financially profitable" then the execs decide "let's not do that again".

reksveks

Re mid gen refresh, I think a program like xbox all access actively promotes that happening again this gen and believe it will happen in 2024.

Of course there will.

I can't see Microsoft execs being like "our sales data shows One X sales are doing great and the decision for a mid gen upgrade was financially profitable" then the execs decide "let's not do that again".
Update sure, but probably not more powerful

KAL2006

Banned
Update sure, but probably not more powerful

One X and PS4 Pro was more powerful, why the hell would they not make the update more powerful when the last time they did that it was successful. This is how tech is these days there are always pro versions for tech not just gaming consoles. You have iPad Pro, better versions of Phones in the same line etc. It would be stupid for both Microsoft and Sony to not have a midget upgrade that's more powerful when the last time they did that it was successful. There is no logical sense to decide to not do something again that makes the business money last time.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would love to know how many units Amazon received. That’s a long period of time for them to be in stock. Congrats to everyone who got one.

JimboJones

One X and PS4 Pro was more powerful, why the hell would they not make the update more powerful when the last time they did that it was successful. This is how tech is these days there are always pro versions for tech not just gaming consoles. You have iPad Pro, better versions of Phones in the same line etc. It would be stupid for both Microsoft and Sony to not have a midget upgrade that's more powerful when the last time they did that it was successful. There is no logical sense to decide to not do something again that makes the business money last time.
They have done hardware refreshes in the past which where just cost cutting, reducing the size of the console, smaller chips to be more power efficient etc.
Those where also successful but I guess it could go either way. If 8K starts to pick up steam before the next gen consoles are available then their could be a case for them.

Markio128

Looks like the Series X is available through Amazon UK, but via the Xbox store, so can be picked up for £449 (or that interest free pay plan). The PS5s available on Amazon UK appear to be supplied by scalpers because the prices are silly.

Top Bottom