• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(stolen games) Well, he's at it again...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Some of you may remember a post I made a while back about a guy selling games to us before release. Doesn't matter what system, but usually EA games, always in paper cases. The last game was the new Harry Potter for GC. Today it was Psi Ops for the Xbox. My boss bought the games ˆ

Lyte Edge

(sorry posting from my phone )
from the guy and he said he'd be back tomorrow with Spiderman 2. Any idea where he might work and can get multiple copies of EA, Midway, and Activision games? I want to see this asshole get caught.

Ferrio

Banned
Why worry about it?

Damn when I'm desperate enough to have to post via phone, it's going to be cold turkey time.

"from the guy and he said he'd be back tomorrow with Spiderman 2. Any idea where he might work and can get multiple copies of EA, Midway, and Activision games?"

A pressing plant? And yeah, you need help. Yes, YOU.

Lyte Edge

Ferrio, I mentioned I'm posting by phone only because the message got cut off when I posted it. I can't use the computer right now, and I've got nothing else to do here at work, so I'm on GA via phone. :)

Lyte Edge

I need help because I want stop someone from constantly stealing games and selling them? :p

Matlock

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
from the guy and he said he'd be back tomorrow with Spiderman 2. Any idea where he might work and can get multiple copies of EA, Midway, and Activision games? I want to see this asshole get caught.

Spider-Man 2, eh? How much do you usually pay for 'em? How much would you be willing to sell it for? :p

Lyte Edge

Thaedolus said:
Try using that phone to contact a law enforcement agency rather than Gaming-Age.

It's kind of hard to do that without any real proof that these are stolen items.

Lyte Edge

I should mention that my boss was here and he was the one that bought them.

Matlock said:
Spider-Man 2, eh? How much do you usually pay for 'em? How much would you be willing to seT

cja

edit: eh doesn't matter, it isn't going to be from a replication plant if he's bringing in games for different systems.

bjork

Lyte Edge said:
I need help because I want stop someone from constantly stealing games and selling them? :p

How do you know he's stealing them?

We sell anime here typically two weeks before the street date, so perhaps he works in a similar place. It's not stolen, it's just disregard for the street date.

Lyte Edge

So it's perfectly normal for someone to buy 12 copies of a brand new game before release, bring in the discs only, and gladly take $7 each for them? :)

Ferrio

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
So it's perfectly normal for someone to buy 12 copies of a brand new game before release, bring in the discs only, and gladly take $7 each for them? :)

When you're a thief... ya.

Just think how pissed off your boss will be when he can't get new cheap games.

bjork

Lyte Edge said:

Oh, okay. I missed the earlier part of the story.

shpankey

not an idiot
Hey Lyte, I don't know how to help you, but I think you're doing a very noble thing. Don't listen to these other guys discouraging you. Keep up the good work bud.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Lyte Edge said:
ah you didn't mention that before.

Ferrio

Banned
Well, you're not going to be able to bust this guy or anything.

But how bout you just not accept the games?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Just ask your boss why he is buying obviously stolen games, if he doesnt have a good reason, just tell him to give you a big raise and all the stolen games or you'll call the cops on his dishonest ass, then when he gives you the raise and the games, do it anyway.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lyte what type of phone and what browser? I'm trying to find a good browser for my 3650 that'll let me browse the forums.

shuri

Banned
I find this thread like this hilarious as there's so many threads posted here about frauding online sites that use point systems, tons of regulars posters that boasts on the gairc channel about download the latest videogames and threads about how to return broken consoles and opened games to EB for fun and credits

If you'd also report him for selling pre-release goods such as sneakers, movies, or cds, etc., then go for it. I reported someone last month for selling stolen speakers.

However, if you are just reporting him b/c it happens to be stolen videogames, then that is a bit ridiculous.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lyte edge, get him to upload them to the news groups, STAT

;)

Lyte Edge

I'm using a Treo 600 smartphone from Palmone. Uses Palm OS5, and the browser seems to be able to viX$

Lyte Edge

I need try another browser or use a computer...this phone's default browser has issues with long replies on this forum. :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Lyte Edge said:

I'd imagine that if you'd like him to get caught, you can just call the local police department and explain the situation.

DarienA said:
Lyte what type of phone and what browser? I'm trying to find a good browser for my 3650 that'll let me browse the forums.

Sorry to derail this thread, but...

The best browser you can get your grubby little mitts on for Symbian phones is Opera. It works pretty well, although I have yet to try forums with it.

Both the Treo 600 and the Sidekick are very good messaging/phone devices- although the camera blows on both and I'd like the keys to be a bit more responsive on the 600.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Lyte Edge said:
It's kind of hard to do that without any real proof that these are stolen items.

Lyte Edge said:

Top Bottom