• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin DLC ‘Trials of the Dragon King’ announced

My GOTY, its just ... Fun with quite alot of depth if you can get past the graphics, well made game, gameplay wise
I just started to wrap my mind around finally taking full advantage of the side attacks, and putting different moves on there that work after a side step. The combat system is honestly incredible. And Jack is currently wearing a fedora, and I went to outer space recently. Can't ask for much more than that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game was fun. I got the platinum.

Of course, you're the guy promoting House Flipper and Powerwash Sim, so no surprises here.

Good for you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'll probably play Stranger of Paradise once it comes to game pass as well.

Mr.ODST

I just started to wrap my mind around finally taking full advantage of the side attacks, and putting different moves on there that work after a side step. The combat system is honestly incredible. And Jack is currently wearing a fedora, and I went to outer space recently. Can't ask for much more than that.
Wait till the DLC xD Your knowledge of the combat system has to go into overdrive

Is the expansion pass worth a purchase?
I've been grinding old levels for a while now to get up to whatever level to even start it with good gear. 300, 400? Can't remember. Have a ton of jobs that are not maxed yet after lifting the level caps. Haven't started the handful of new quests.

It's not great DLC really. If you want to grind at high levels though and see the story past that ending, it might be worth it. I still haven't really seen any major new story content.

Mr.ODST

Is the expansion pass worth a purchase?
I found it worth it so far, the first one was just a content bump with harder difficulty, new job and tons of weapons and gear and the story is just slight continuation, next DLC looks promising, only issue with this DLC is that is it mega hardcore, as someone mentioned above, had to grind old levels to even get close to challenging one single goblin, had tons of fun with it either way

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Everytime I see this thread get popped I'm hoping for a STEAM release. Played a bit on console and got to the first boss (which is a proper Team Ninja/NIOH boss and really surprised me because I didn't think it was FULLY going to be a Nioh-like game). Game is absolutely dogshit ugly on consoles and really waiting to see this in true 4K/60 glory on PC.

. . .that said, with Wo-Long coming up, TN is rapidly showing that they understand that gamers who play these kinds of game want deep, complex and satisfying third person combat with equally deep internal systems. If this game - from what I played - actually had a production budget (something tells me TN was doing AAA work on a AA budget from SE) and a decent story (maybe its just the English VO work that makes all of this annoying) this would have been far bigger than it, surprisingly, has been. I fully expect this to be a top-seller when the complete edition fully comes to STEAM.

Everytime I see this thread get popped I'm hoping for a STEAM release. Played a bit on console and got to the first boss (which is a proper Team Ninja/NIOH boss and really surprised me because I didn't think it was FULLY going to be a Nioh-like game). Game is absolutely dogshit ugly on consoles and really waiting to see this in true 4K/60 glory on PC.

. . .that said, with Wo-Long coming up, TN is rapidly showing that they understand that gamers who play these kinds of game want deep, complex and satisfying third person combat with equally deep internal systems. If this game - from what I played - actually had a production budget (something tells me TN was doing AAA work on a AA budget from SE) and a decent story (maybe its just the English VO work that makes all of this annoying) this would have been far bigger than it, surprisingly, has been. I fully expect this to be a top-seller when the complete edition fully comes to STEAM.
It's in my top 5 for the year.

New DLC coming up adds a shotgun lol. This will only help the game massively.

Top Bottom