• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN | Final Trailer

Ryu Kaiba

As generic and cringe as can possibly be. Wish they went to From Software to make a Final Fantasy origin story instead.

RavageX

I see this as an improvement from how it was originally presented. All I really want is an interesting story that makes sense. That's honestly all I want from RPGs anyway. I know this isn't an RPG, but it is still Final Fantasy.

YukiOnna

This wasn't really on my radar and I don't fully understand the trailer, but I now wanna play this.
From a scenario standpoint: The game is a what-if scenario of fleshing out the antagonist Garland's backstory and why he does what he does in FF1 as you play as Jack Garland. There's still a bunch of stuff that is unique to this game, but that's the gist of it.

Old Blue Eyes in an FF trailer? Sold. On a serious note, I had quite a few criticisms with the demo but there was something there that grabbed me and left me wanting to see more. The problem with this game is it's release window, Q1 2022 is stacked to high heaven and even though I'm a huge FF fan myself (Nioh series too) there is no way I'm picking this up day 1. Couple of months later at 50% off? Absolutely.

eNT1TY

This some straight up Platinum Games cheese ball shit but i like it, ima play it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Well they are definitely working hard on improving the graphics which was my first issue with the game. Other than the art direction that is, which at this point obviously can't be changed. I'm now more optimistic than before!

Inviusx

The fact they didn't lean into the whole chaos thing really bums me out. Makes me think they are actually taking this story seriously....

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The combat looks laborious compared to the other recent Final Fantasy titles. Aside from that it's certainly more FF. Endearing corniness and all.

SaniOYOYOY

I played nioh 2 this past month, get good enough to reach way of nioh.....and it kinda ruin other action game for me.
I do hope the looting system is not as shit as in there, because boy farming sucks balls in nioh 2.

will main whoever has splitstaff or spear

Last edited:

NahaNago

This trailer made me interested in the game.
What the hell, this actually looks interesting.

Also, best girl
ff.png
she looks terrible. This looks like an old school cg cut scene from the ps2 era.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Because of the Nioh-lite based gameplay. with it's own progression system that could be one of the best in a Final Fantasy game. Classic FF monsters are getting real-time action game moves.
I think it's also because most games ideas nowadays come from meetings with lots of people dressing suits. This game feels like Nomura is just doing his thing, and sorry for the meme but it just makes the game feel like it truly has SOUL.

Lognor

Banned
Nioh was a lot of fun. Didn't give a crap about the story and skipped all the cut scenes. If this game has the same type of gameplay I'll be all over it. Don't care about the cheesy story or characters.

kevm3

Characters look cool. This is pretty much a Brian Fury action rpg. That is some of the worst dialogue I've heard though and the graphics look like an early ps4 title. I'll probably get this though just because the characters aren't some weird androgynous femme boys

Last edited:
I always thought this game looked like someone time traveled back to when Square was bad... and handed them a PS5. This was the result. The art direction, feel, and tone seems like it came from a different era. It's hard to explain, it just looks/feel/sounds dated. BUT, it could still turn out to be pretty good... hey, video games LOL

kevm3

That music at around the 2 minute mark is awesome, but the Frank Sinatra My Way song is weird. Doesn't fit the trailer at all.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, this has snuck it's way onto my hype list over the past couple of months. The template of the original Final Fantasy is just so good for a AA anime ass action game like this, it's nuts. You have your villages, your open plains, volcanoes, underwater ruins, floating cities, and subterranean caverns, your job system. Hell, even the general setup of the storyline allows some wriggle room, being that the world of FFI is just on some kind of never ending loop. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Life

Sheesh. Cut down the dialogue and focus on the gameplay. It better have skippable cutscenes or else it could be unplayable.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Didn't care at all for this when it was first announced, but the more I see the more I'm into it.
The combat and bosses look great, and the story/writing/voice acting seems absolutely horrible....in the best way. It's like Final Fantasy by Tommy Wiseau.
I guess we’ll see if it’s so bad it’s good, or if it’s just plain bad. I think a lot of it depends on how long the dialog scenes are. If they’re short and ridiculous it’ll be funny. If they just yap on and on forever like most of Nomura’s crap, it’ll be painful.

Reactions: Fbh

Amiga

I think it's also because most games ideas nowadays come from meetings with lots of people dressing suits. This game feels like Nomura is just doing his thing, and sorry for the meme but it just makes the game feel like it truly has SOUL.
Nomura maybe doing the story/character design. But the gameplay is totally Team Ninja, that's what matters to me.
It would probably be even better if TN did everything. the story and art of Nioh are underrated IMOO.

Top Bottom