• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Review Thread of CHAOS

Bryank75

Banned
You didn't snatch it on Black Friday and got it on release? King, what WERE you doing.

Seems like a fire £20 but I'd never risk full price on this myself.

I kinda saw all the hate it was getting and felt like it would turn out better so I wanted to support it....

But, yeah... you're right.

NT80

I didn't know this was by Team Ninja that might explain why it has some of the traits of Nioh. Good combat but PS3 level graphics, masses of loot with bad inventory management and not so great level design.

SkylineRKR

I didn't know this was by Team Ninja that might explain why it has some of the traits of Nioh. Good combat but PS3 level graphics, masses of loot with bad inventory management and not so great level design.

Yup it has everything I hate about Nioh, but the difference is I like SoP a lot. The demo at least. The job system is pretty cool, I tried out a lot of them. Full game seems less bloated than Nioh, with less levels and it seems to take a shorter time to beat. Which is a good thing as Nioh grew incredibly thin even before the halfway point, you had seen all the enemy types and even level layouts by then. This being an acid trip version of FF1 helps too.

Top Bottom