• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin |OT| Warriors of Light with Dark Souls...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I played on Normal honestly, and lots of parts got challenging. I was happy with that difficulty level.

The game has a very large endgame for optional grinding and difficulty increases (mostly replaying stuff at much higher levels). After beating the game, all my jobs were capped at 30. Now I'm playing on Chaos difficulty and trying to grind all the jobs up much higher level and get ideal gear. To play the DLC you can only play on a new Bahamut difficulty, which is Hard+3 basically. (Hard, Chaos, Bahamut).

I'd suggest Normal until beating the game, but you can switch it back and forth anytime. You get increased rewards on higher difficulty, and the endgame stuff you can freely jump between difficulty levels on the fly to try and go for higher rewards.
All of this sounds very Diablo like. Now I don't want to play it... sounds like too much fun and a lot of hours of my free time just flying away. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nah just kidding, sounds awesome. Already downloading it in hopes that the latest patch has made things better. If it runs fine I'll be diving into it once I finish with Yakuza 5.

Btw! Once thing I really liked back when I first tried it was the music, specially on the bosses.

All of this sounds very Diablo like. Now I don't want to play it... sounds like too much fun and a lot of hours of my free time just flying away. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nah just kidding, sounds awesome. Already downloading it in hopes that the latest patch has made things better. If it runs fine I'll be diving into it once I finish with Yakuza 5.

Btw! Once thing I really liked back when I first tried it was the music, specially on the bosses.

I didn't even realize until I saw the credits, but the OST is by Naoshi Mizuta (FFXI, FFXIII-2). Lots of cool tracks for sure!

I've been dying to talk about this game with people recently, but it's still a bit under the radar. I think people will be surprised once the price drops and more people try it out. It's a AA game, but it's a great action game.

The endgame grindy stuff is definitely optional lol. But heads up, skip the DLC if you don't want to do that. I bought it and found out you have to be super high level to even play it! But I'm having fun with it so far.

Last edited:
I fucking miss this game so much but I’m waiting for all the DLC to release to replay it. Which means I probably have to wait 6 more months
Up to you, I'm just now at the very beginning of the DLC. So far, it's not nearly as good as the Nioh DLC. It's an extra difficulty mode and then you're encouraged to basically just replay all the same stages to go for higher drops. You get a new currency drop also called Dragon Treasure, which can be traded in for items.

So in a way it's kind of better to chip away at this grind over time if you find that sort of thing entertaining. I think there's a handful of new quests, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

The staff is sick though. Excited for new weapons. Evoker is extremely cool. Haven't unlocked Summoner yet.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So I've finally tried the PC version with the latest patch, and hooooly fuck, way to redeem yourself Square.

My system has a 5800x, a 3070 and 16GB of RAM. I played this on release, and it has gone from running poorly at 1440p even with some settings turned off, to running flawlessly at 4K with everything maxed out. And no more shitty stutters when finishing of enemies.

I tried it in the chaos palace of the first level and also the third one (western palace or something) and it runs great on both cases. Haven't meausred the FPS but it seemed to be constant 60, couldn't notice any drops.

I'm so happy bros. Thought I was going to miss on Jack's game and that I had wasted 60 dollarinos on the Epic Store of all places but nah, it seems I'll finally be able to enjoy this game. :)

TintoConCasera

Question about jobs upgrades: Those that say things like "increased damage" or "increase MP recovery"... Those are only applied while using that particular job, and not any job, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
After a long time coming, finally started playing this and not disappointed that Chaos has been said more than a dozen times just in the first 2 cut-scenes alone.

Buckling up for this Chaotic ride.

After a long time coming, finally started playing this and not disappointed that Chaos has been said more than a dozen times just in the first 2 cut-scenes alone.

Buckling up for this Chaotic ride.
It really has an odd trajectory as a game. Starts weak and just slowly progresses in story and gameplay depth in a linear fashion. By the end I liked the story much more, and the gameplay much more. Recommend sticking with it!

adamsapple

Man, this game has such a weird presentation. The dialogue, outfits and one liners are in such a contrast clash with the type of story/plot the game is potraying lol.

*character telling their sob story and reasons for being semi-evil*
Jack "BULLSHIT" and walks off with Limp Bizkit playing on his phone.

I'm gonna see it through just for more of that lol

adamsapple

Ok, this is a good nostalgic call back.

o8gLC3y.png

10-5-2022_9-27-43_pm-h1cij.png

Last edited:

adamsapple

As mediocre as I think the game is, I admire the gall on Square to let a third party developer make such a unique and creative take on what is essentially a remake of the first Final Fantasy game.

Really? A final fantasy souls game?

Admittedly i didn't watched much footage for this one but it looked kinda button mashy from the couple of minutes i saw...

I need to watch more of it on yt.
Oh no. If you button mash you’re dead.

Personally, this is one of the most fun games I’ve ever played in my life. I LOVED this game. Not sure if you’re a FF fan but the combat + all the FFness made it my favorite FF spin-off.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I'm having trouble finding out if the performance issues have been patched on Series X for this game. Anyone know what the current status is for it?

Mr.ODST

Do you think there will be a complete Edition at some point?
I don't want to buy so many DLC's.
To be fair the DLC is built so you have to complete the previous DLC to gain the next one because they have a level structure, which in some ways is pretty cool because it means your high level character you spent ages building now has a new complete challenge and systems to deal with

adamsapple

I bought it last week, there are still performance dips. Minor, but noticable.

I played the Xbox version in performance mode a few months ago, felt it was pretty decent at performance.

But I have a VRR display so that probably helped.

Top Bottom