• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray has smashed Annapurna’s record for concurrent Steam players

Draugoth

Gold Member
FYCxPFhXoAAduIA

Over 60,000 PC users are currently playing the publisher’s latest indie hit on its release day…

Stray has become Annapurna Interactive's biggest PC launch to date. According to official Steam figures, on its release day the indie title's peak concurrent player count currently stands at 62,963.

Only 12 games are being played by more Steam users at the time of publishing, including free-to-play hit Apex Legends and AAA titles like FIFA 22 and Grand Theft Auto.

According to independent market analyst Benji-Sales, Stray has comfortably beaten Annapurna's record for concurrent players on Steam, which was previously held by Twelve Minutes with 8,021. Behind that are Outer Wilds (7,936), Neon White (3,277) and Journey (1,757).

Last edited:

Stuart360

I was watching CohhCarnage play this earlier, and yeah i quite enjoyed watching but the game isnt for me lol.
I mean i was criticizing 'A Plague Tale' in another thrread for how linear it is and how you are basically walking down a wide coridoor, but this game takes that to another level lol.

Banned
I was watching CohhCarnage play this earlier, and yeah i quite enjoyed watching but the game isnt for me lol.
I mean i was criticizing 'A Plague Tale' in another thrread for how linear it is and how you are basically walking down a wide coridoor, but this game takes that to another level lol.

I expected that from the gameplay. as soon as the context sensitive platforming was apparent, I knew I will skip this one.

Pedro Motta

Congratulations, you saw 10 minutes of gameplay.

wesly999

Banned
I got it for my Steam deck and it plays great! I heard there was some stuttering issues but I haven't ran into any yet.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Good sales if you launch day-and-date on Steam instead of making everything EGS exclusive as per the last N promising Annapurna indies?

Who'd have thought
Surprised
It's not always guaranteed. There is another high-profile indie launching on Steam today called As Dusk Falls and it's not looking good. Both are free on a sub (PS+ and GP) and they had about the same amount of promo (2 showcase trailers).

Jt4sLHR.jpg

The peak is 152 for As Dusk Falls.

Stray is 62 963 😲

Mahnmut

I have the feeling that people are like « OMG 10/10 you control a cat ! » but when the dust will settle in a few months, they’ll realise it’s not that good. I might be wrong.

tmlDan

I have the feeling that people are like « OMG 10/10 you control a cat ! » but when the dust will settle in a few months, they’ll realise it’s not that good. I might be wrong.
well, i beat it, and it's a good game....no amount of time in the future will make me think otherwise.

Instead of the shitty attitude, give it a shot if you have PS Plus Extra

Mahnmut

well, i beat it, and it's a good game....no amount of time in the future will make me think otherwise.

Instead of the shitty attitude, give it a shot if you have PS Plus Extra
I never said it was a bad game at all and I might give it a shot actually. I'm just skeptical about all these 10/10 and 9/10 scores that's all.

Top Bottom