• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray has smashed Annapurna’s record for concurrent Steam players

Banned
It's what they're best at, as well as some other smaller scope (than AAA) non walking sim games. They came on the scene publishing the very best "walking sim" till this day.

the best and only good walking sim is Stanley Parable, because those devs actually did something with the concept that isn't "walk down path and look at pretty images"

bender

What time is it?
the best and only good walking sim is Stanley Parable, because those devs actually did something with the concept that isn't "walk down path and look at pretty images"

You didn't like the tale of kidney stones in Dear Esther?

Stanley Parable's brand of humor just never clicked with me.

I'm trying to think what Walking Simulator that I actually enjoyed. Fire Watch? Nope. Edith Finch? Nope. Gone Home? Nope. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture? Nope. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? Nope. That Dragon Cancer? Nope. And then I have to ask myself, "Bender, why the fuck do you keep playing these?" I have no idea.

I guess you could lump in Flower, Journey and Abzu. I liked those games but they do have some more "gamey" elements. Journey is the only one I'd consider worth visiting again.

Top Bottom