• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray Is PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium’s Most Popular Game of 2022

https://www.yahoo.com/now/stray-ps-plus-extra-premium-172654960.html
Stray has clawed its way to being the most popular PS Plus Extra and Premium game of 2022, as revealed by the annual stats in the PlayStation Wrap-Up 2022 feature. The indie cat game by Annapurna Interactive has surprisingly beaten multiple AAA games to claim the top spot.

Meanwhile, Mafia: Definitive Edition was the top classic game on PS Plus Premium in 2022, above God of War Remastered and Toy Story 2. The top monthly game on PS Plus Extra/Premium in 2022 was FIFA 22, followed by UFC 4 and Dirt 5.

The PlayStation Wrap-Up 2022 feature also revealed some impressive community stats for Stray. Collectively, we’ve made over 1 billion meows, ruined over 12 million objects, sunk over 635,000 basketballs, and travelled over 814,000 miles in buckets.

Top 5 PS Plus Extra/Premium most popular games in 2022​

Significantly helped by the fact that it was a Day One release on PS Plus Extra/Premium, Stray stands above a very impressive field of entries for the Top 5 most popular games on the subscription service:
  1. Stray
  2. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  3. Ghost of Tsushima
  4. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  5. Red Dead Redemption II

I don't really get the popularity this game commands, but congratulations to the dev team. I've never seen so much discussion and mindshare about a indie game of it's type and it's still going strong now, one of the most successful Indie games in the last several years for sure.

Stray beat out games like Miles Morales, RDR2, and Tsushima for the top spot for PS Plus Extra and Premium.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Stray GIF by Annapurna Interactive

RPS37

I got pretty far, like quite a few hours in and I love my cat, but I don‘t really feel like playing any more.

I like this game a lot, and I don’t mean to shit on this achievement for the studio. But isn’t it the only game to launch and release on the service simultaneously? Had it been at least a year old like everything else, I don’t know if it would do so well.

Top Bottom