• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 35th anniversary logo revealed

Bullet Club

Breaking logo news!

Street Fighter 35th anniversary logo revealed​

New project to be announced in 2022.

zX3Vj3E.jpg

Capcom has revealed the 35th anniversary logo for the Street Fighter series.

The first entry in the Street Fighter series launched for arcade in Japan on August 12, 1987, so the fighting game will celebrate its 35th anniversary on August 12, 2022.

Capcom previously teased that it will announce its next Street Fighter project in 2022, and that final Street Fighter V: Champion Edition downloadable content character Luke will play an important role.

Source: Gematsu

ParaSeoul

Better be crossplatform/available for Xbox again, otherwise zero interest from this long standing arcade/console fan.

EDIT: I've been looking for an excuse to buy a decent fight stick.
Definitely thought 5 would get ported at some point but that never happened so I'm not sure the new one will be

Naked Lunch

Assuming theyre making another collection, they better put some effort into the game this time unlike the 30th anniversary collection.
You couldnt even map 3 punches or 3 kicks to a single button in that game - it was simply arcade rom dumps.
I want all the games online (especially Alpha 2 and Double Impact) rather than just select games.
Tired of Capcom being lazy.

Also, the next SF better be on all platforms.

MrA

Banned
Current gen only beibee pls
Why? Especially a fighter with 2d gameplay like street fighter? Outside of smug elitism there is no reason for sf6 to be xsx ps5 only
On the bright side no ono means maybe the art won't be hideous

DavidGzz

Why? Especially a fighter with 2d gameplay like street fighter? Outside of smug elitism there is no reason for sf6 to be xsx ps5 only
On the bright side no ono means maybe the art won't be hideous

The same reason I want all new games to be current gen only, to take full advantage of the new hardware I bought. What does perspective have to do with it?

Reactions: PJX

DavidGzz

Because new hardware won't add anything to a game with street fighters complexity? Man I hope cross gen lasts like 5 years this gen, that'd be better for everyone

So why isn't Street Fighter V on the PS3? Fighters can have plenty of complexity. Imagine each strike having hit detection and reactionary animations far beyond any other fighter where there are endless possibilities on how a character reacts depending on what the offensive character is doing and his opponent is doing, from standing still to back stepping to stepping forward to leaning on one foot more than the other. Idk if you're following Diablo 4, but the last update showed how they can add complexity to an action RPG when most believe they are very simple games when it comes to combat. I don't feel like describing what it was, but there is plenty they can do and also make sure all of that is running at 60fps. Now imagine them trying to add all of that and still making sure it runs at 60 fps on a jaguar cpu. Screw that, let's move on.

I understand this may be a pipe dream, just giving an example. There are many other things that I am not thinking of, I'm sure.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If it’s exclusive to ps5 they can go suck a dick. I’ve played street fighter since I was a kid and street fighter IV on Xbox was huge. I got 5 on pc but just couldn’t dedicate time due to preferring consoles for fighters, plus 5 just wasn’t great imo. I have the razer Xbox fight stick So would love to see the franchise go back to being multi platform like it always has been.

KAL2006

Banned
Make a proper Street Fighter Collection
Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Zero/Gold
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Double Upper/Max
Street Fighter 3 Second Impact
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha
Street Fighter EX 2
Street Fighter EX 3
Street Fighter The Movie
Pocket Fighter

KAL2006

Banned
SF6 being cross gen will be disappointing if it's releasing in 2023. This is a game that would have protentially 6 years of post launch support, and to be held back by development for PS4 for the next 6 years would be disappointing. Imagine you instantly loading a online march thanks to SSD and you are paired to fight with a PS4 player.

Assuming theyre making another collection, they better put some effort into the game this time unlike the 30th anniversary collection.
You couldnt even map 3 punches or 3 kicks to a single button in that game - it was simply arcade rom dumps.
I want all the games online (especially Alpha 2 and Double Impact) rather than just select games.
Tired of Capcom being lazy.

Also, the next SF better be on all platforms.
Agree with this. While I love the SF 30th Anniversary Collection -- I have close to 128 hours logged on Steam for that game -- it is a pretty bare bones package.

And the thing is, Capcom HAS done decent releases of Street Fighter games (and game collections) in the past. Take the Street Fighter Zero collection for PS2:
- Has all the mainline games, including Zero 2 Alpha ("Alpha 2 Gold")
- Has unlockable alternate versions of almost every game in the collection, the biggest example is Zero 3 Upper being an alternate of the vanilla Zero 3
- DIPSWITCHES that allow all sorts of cool things, especially 3P/3K button mapping and the coolest thing I've seen yet: allow the Zero and Zero 2 games to have either original inputs for supers (1 punch for L1, 2 punches for L2... etc) or the infinitely more convenient, more intuitive, and easier Zero 3 style input for supers (Jab for L1, Strong for L2, Fierce for L3...).
- While not strictly a Street Fighter game, the inclusion of Pocket Fighter is a nice touch.
- While kind of half baked in some ways, they included a "Hyper Street Fighter Zero" analogous to the "Hyper Street Fighter II" released prior, where you can pit different versions of Street Fighter Zero series characters against each other (e.g., Zero 2 version Rose against V-Ism Zero 3 Gouki). But beyond that it gets wild: they have all sorts of crazy "Isms," including a Shadaloo-ism (the one dictator uses when he's a final boss in Zero 3), a Street Fighter III-ism that allows parries, a Vampire Savior-ism, and... a fucking MARVEL-ism (makes characters play as if they were in the Marvel Vs series of games). Wild, wild stuff, and pretty cool

Literally the only thing missing from that amazing package was the art gallery from the Saturn version of Zero 2. Is it 100% arcade perfect every time? Only the 0.0001% of most hardcore players would be able to tell, the rest of people probably wouldn't give a shit. Does it have the best visuals? No, in the visual department the emulation was hurting a bit.

Is it fun!? Absolutely, which is why I still own my PS2 copy.

3rd Strike Online is another game that was done really well.

KAL2006

Banned
Agree with this. While I love the SF 30th Anniversary Collection -- I have close to 128 hours logged on Steam for that game -- it is a pretty bare bones package.

And the thing is, Capcom HAS done decent releases of Street Fighter games (and game collections) in the past. Take the Street Fighter Zero collection for PS2:
- Has all the mainline games, including Zero 2 Alpha ("Alpha 2 Gold")
- Has unlockable alternate versions of almost every game in the collection, the biggest example is Zero 3 Upper being an alternate of the vanilla Zero 3
- DIPSWITCHES that allow all sorts of cool things, especially 3P/3K button mapping and the coolest thing I've seen yet: allow the Zero and Zero 2 games to have either original inputs for supers (1 punch for L1, 2 punches for L2... etc) or the infinitely more convenient, more intuitive, and easier Zero 3 style input for supers (Jab for L1, Strong for L2, Fierce for L3...).
- While not strictly a Street Fighter game, the inclusion of Pocket Fighter is a nice touch.
- While kind of half baked in some ways, they included a "Hyper Street Fighter Zero" analogous to the "Hyper Street Fighter II" released prior, where you can pit different versions of Street Fighter Zero series characters against each other (e.g., Zero 2 version Rose against V-Ism Zero 3 Gouki). But beyond that it gets wild: they have all sorts of crazy "Isms," including a Shadaloo-ism (the one dictator uses when he's a final boss in Zero 3), a Street Fighter III-ism that allows parries, a Vampire Savior-ism, and... a fucking MARVEL-ism (makes characters play as if they were in the Marvel Vs series of games). Wild, wild stuff, and pretty cool

Literally the only thing missing from that amazing package was the art gallery from the Saturn version of Zero 2. Is it 100% arcade perfect every time? Only the 0.0001% of most hardcore players would be able to tell, the rest of people probably wouldn't give a shit. Does it have the best visuals? No, in the visual department the emulation was hurting a bit.

Is it fun!? Absolutely, which is why I still own my PS2 copy.

3rd Strike Online is another game that was done really well.

They should just make a Hyper Street Fighter Collection.

Hyper Street Fighter (selectable characters other than Ryu and Ken)
Hyper Street Fighter II (also have the option of changing graphics to Ultra Street Fighter 2 and include Evil Ryu and Violent Ken)
Hyper Street Fighter 3 (includes the fantastic stages from 2nd Impact as well)
Hyper Street Fighter Alpha (includes the extra characters from PSP version)
Hyper Street Fighter IV

All games will be like console version including any extra modes like World Tour for Alpha. For online play you can create restrictions for example Hyper mode you can pit any version of a character against another, but you can restrict and put filters such as 3rd Strike characters only etc).

Hyper Street Fighter II (also have the option of changing graphics to Ultra Street Fighter 2 and include Evil Ryu and Violent Ken)
Hyper Street Fighter IV

All games will be like console version including any extra modes like World Tour for Alpha. For online play you can create restrictions for example Hyper mode you can pit any version of a character against another, but you can restrict and put filters such as 3rd Strike characters only etc).
This is a good idea, and people will want to buy it because it's not just another repackaging of something that already exists.

(Capcom has been doing a bit of the SEGA/SNK approach lately where they just re release a lot of the same shit just packaged differently)

I love Street Fighter to death, but that logo isn't doing it any justice. Hopefully we get a bit more time with SFV before VI is unleashed upon the world. Let that game cook for as long as it needs to. Capcom does great work on numbered, mainline Street Fighter titles.

yurinka

Awful logo. But can't wait to see Street Fighter 6 being announced. Loved SFV and how they have been improving it a lot. Let's hope that it continues the path and they improve there things that maybe were too big to change it in SFV, as maybe was the case of a full netcode revamp.

Hyper Street Fighter IV

I support this, or at least to release let's say pixel art Street Fighter III 4th Hit and Street Fighter Alpha 4 or Darkstalkers 4 that would have all the characters (unlocking since the start the hidden/unlockable ones and include ones exclusive to certain versions), stages, game modes and options (including exclusive ones from some versions like hidden EX Options) of all their versions with a new gameplay rebalance and to throw on top all the offline and online game modes SFV had + World Tour. And obviously with a top tier netcode.

The next Project better be Alpha 4 and not SF VI.
It's Street Fighter 6. I also would love to see SFA4, in the same way I'd like to see Darkstalkers 4, Rival Schools 4 or Capcom vs SNK 3 but if we have to choose only one I prefer SF6.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I love Street Fighter to death, but that logo isn't doing it any justice. Hopefully we get a bit more time with SFV before VI is unleashed upon the world. Let that game cook for as long as it needs to. Capcom does great work on numbered, mainline Street Fighter titles.

Honestly they can keep it going for another year. Add Decapre for free from story mode as the moveset and model is there already, upgrade for a PS5 port, the PC version is already 4K. A 2023 February release for Street Fighter VI is ideal.

yurinka

Make a proper Street Fighter Collection
Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Zero/Gold
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Double Upper/Max
Street Fighter 3 Second Impact
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha
Street Fighter EX 2
Street Fighter EX 3
Street Fighter The Movie
Pocket Fighter
I'd remove the ugly Ultra SF2 from there and would put instead SF2CE, SSF2, SFA1 and SF3 New Generation.

yurinka

So why isn't Street Fighter V on the PS3? Fighters can have plenty of complexity.
Budget and userbase. Back then to make crossgen games was way more difficult and expensive, and the PS3 userbase wasn't as big and as engaged as the PS4 one. Somewhere after PS5 launch there were more people playing in PS4 in a single month than PS4 consoles sold in all its history (which doesn't mean playing in a single month after its successor was released).

Imagine each strike having hit detection and reactionary animations far beyond any other fighter where there are endless possibilities on how a character reacts depending on what the offensive character is doing and his opponent is doing, from standing still to back stepping to stepping forward to leaning on one foot more than the other.
This can be done in PS4 is desired, it's a design and production choice and not a generational tech constraint. To make a lot of reaction animations would require a ton of animatons more multplied by over 40 characters. Plus to have a predictable behavior when getting hit or to hit is key for fighting games and to build strategy. So I think in this area they will and should be conservative and to stick to what works.

The monstrous budget a sprite based game would need makes it an automatic nope. Also, Arc Systems' design philosophy doesn't favor fluid animations and visual clarity from moment to moment, so I doubt Capcom would take that route without some heavy alterations. Not for a mainline Street Fighter title anyway.

anthony2690

Banned
Rollback, crossplay and Xbox version please.

& To be a more enjoyable game than 5, I don't know if 5 ended up being really good, as I dropped it not long after guile came out (& I purchased the damn season pass as well) lol

But the 5 just didn't grab me sadly.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Hoping SF6 is something completely different.

I want total 3D arenas with a third person, over the shoulder camera. Throw in some destruction as well. I want to level buildings and use items as melee weapons.

Make SF great again!

KellyM

So why isn't Street Fighter V on the PS3? Fighters can have plenty of complexity. Imagine each strike having hit detection and reactionary animations far beyond any other fighter where there are endless possibilities on how a character reacts depending on what the offensive character is doing and his opponent is doing, from standing still to back stepping to stepping forward to leaning on one foot more than the other. Idk if you're following Diablo 4, but the last update showed how they can add complexity to an action RPG when most believe they are very simple games when it comes to combat. I don't feel like describing what it was, but there is plenty they can do and also make sure all of that is running at 60fps. Now imagine them trying to add all of that and still making sure it runs at 60 fps on a jaguar cpu. Screw that, let's move on.

I understand this may be a pipe dream, just giving an example. There are many other things that I am not thinking of, I'm sure.
Why wasn't it on PS3 because Sony helped with the budget of the game and they wanted Capcom to make a game to sell the PS4. If Capcom makes the next Street Fighter non exclusive then it would be best for them to make it cross gen. The most money out of it.

Kokoloko85

Hoping SF6 is something completely different.

I want total 3D arenas with a third person, over the shoulder camera. Throw in some destruction as well. I want to level buildings and use items as melee weapons.

Make SF great again!

That would make a good Street Fighter RPG

Top Bottom