• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Congrats on your 30 thousandth post, LakeEarth.
Perhaps we can start a conversation on the best looking normal in the game? I cant decide between Cammys standing medium kick, or her jumping medium punch.

Someone responded!? I knew this thread was alive.
Ed's hk looks pretty cool. It reminds me of a kick animation that King had in Tekken 4 and 5.

Reizo Ryuu

They are similar yeah, but king's is more of a jumping back kick, which aims to stop/counter, while ed's is a jumping spinning side kick, which is purely offensive but slower.

Normals huh? How about Alex's forward st hp? The swing animation looks great, and its so satisfying to land hit or block cause sooo many plus frames

CIubsq7.gif

I promise to post a nice gif, whenever Cammy gets a nice costume ;)
Gamefaqs said Infiltration got a divorce. If thats true, I hope he's ok. Maybe even better of going solo?

Reizo Ryuu

Those xmas costumes are all outstanding; I'll prolly get the bundle.
Alpha karin looks like trash tbh, her default is a thousand times better. Og balrog and brirdie look dope, though balrog's default is also just better.
Getting all those chun costumes; I don't even play her.

Yeah, Balrogs costume looks good.
Balrog should have a shirtless alternative for that outfit though. When I picture a guy like Mike Tyson in my head, knocking people out, he isnt wearing a robe or a shirt. He is just a ball of muscle with black boxing trunks. It'd be good to see Balrog emulate that.

thundr51

Speaking of Menat, picked her up and having an absolutely TERRIBLE time with her. I really want to play with her since I'm a huge fan of Rose, but it seems like she's really hard/technial to use. Now that the Menat hype has finally died was hoping to find some decent info, but only costume stuff.

Is she really that bad/difficult?

Reizo Ryuu

She's not bad, but def harder to use than most of the cast.
Remember that for her vtrigger combos you can just double tap the buttons instead of holding them down; makes it much easier imo.

kunonabi

Very nice to get alpha birdie and karin since their defaults arent great with Birdie's being absolute garbage. Nostalgia Balrog is solid but he has so many excellent outfits already that isnt all that exciting.

Happy to see alpha chun but yikes at those other alts.

I like watching players like Go1 use Menat in tournies, but I didnt find her that much fun to use myself. I dont have the technical skill to use her v-trigger well and outside of that, I was mainly just poking with normals or little combos.

histopher

Im torn on the Alpha Chun easter egg. She either gets her brown jacket
or the top is removed to show some cleavage.
Both official variations on that costume and cool looks.

Reizo Ryuu

Nah alex is at most chun-li tier.
If his udon story stuff is made canon (most of it straight up isn't), then yes he does have the genes that could potentially make him urien or even Gill tier.

As it stands now alex is just a strong guy who's good at fighting but got bodied free by ryu.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Nah alex is at most chun-li tier.
If his udon story stuff is made canon (most of it straight up isn't), then yes he does have the genes that could potentially make him urien or even Gill tier.

As it stands now alex is just a strong guy who's good at fighting but got bodied free by ryu.

I do think Capcom will go that way though

in the story mode they had Dhalsim hint at Alex's future

kunonabi

Well, im done with sfv as far as the single player goes. Got all the fight money, outside of hard and extreme survival with everyone, and the platinum today.

It took 787 matches to finally hit Gold rank.

I'll probably take it easy until AE hits outside of casual matches and training mode with Menat.

Marvel

could never
New v-triggers, costumes and Sakura I'm more hyped for. Arcade might be cool but is not my focus beung an online player only.

Reizo Ryuu

I guess I'll be making the new OT tomorrow and dump it in gaming for some, hopefully positive, renewed attention.

Last edited:
New v-triggers, costumes and Sakura I'm more hyped for. Arcade might be cool but is not my focus beung an online player only.

Im looking forward to Sakuras new stage, because it was one of the best in Alpha 2. Sakura isnt a character Im interested in though.
Arcade mode is a bigger deal for me, because often I have to wait 15 mins to find a game in Australia, so now I'll have something to do while I wait.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Weird, the thread preview option is showing a lot of errors with images not showing up, even though everything is fine in the edit.
Not sure if I should publish it as is.

It's live, I hope the images are showing correctly for everyone

Last edited:

I'm looking to start maining Sakura now that she's out. I played online a little bit at launch, but fell out with the game over a few weeks. Hoping not only to roll through Arcade with a few characters, but actually trying to get legitimately good at a fighting game for the first time after decades of screwing around in them for fun.

Top Bottom