• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI Review Thread

gokurho

APO7zJMP.jpg

metacritic
ZE487NX.jpg

opencritic

xAhfO8z.jpg

(GMT 7:15)

Last edited:

[Sigma]

As I expected. This was seen coming a mile away. Loads of stuff available day one, a good starting roster and A1 game machanics. CapGods continues on a roll.

Street Fighter 6. From this weekend all the way up til Final Fantasy XVI release will have all my attention.

Last edited:

Pejo

I just can't bring myself to trust journos on fighting games. They barely beat the easy AAA handheld moviegame stuff that we mostly get these days. There's no chance they put the time into fighting games that they would need to in order to give a proper review.

They probably like the World Tour mode and are basing these reviews on that.

nbkicker

Nice that it getting good scores, cant wait for the game on fri, although seems like in all reviews the charachters all still just have one outfit so no classic outfits etc there in review copys, be intresting to see how they gonna unlock or are they all gonna be behind extra payment dlc, as capcom dont seem to be saying how u get the classic outfits, it seems capcom said reviews have to be max of 30min and they where not allowed to talk about extra costumes etc to fri on day of release

Last edited:

Roufianos

Awesome scores and looks incredible. Not sure I'll pick it up though, looks like an insanely steep learning curve. I remember trying SF IV as a teenager and I couldn't even clear arcade mode.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Eventhubs review is up:

Final Thoughts​

Street Fighter 6 is an almost perfect game. For any player that may have felt burnt out from the previous Street Fighter entry, now's the perfect time to jump back into the series.

Both newcomers and fighting game pros will want to pick this one up. There's something here for everyone.

Whenever FGC veterans have heard about how developers are making a fighting game easier to jump into, there's typically been cause for concern. However, it really feels like Capcom has struck a perfect balance with making a fighting game that's both easy to jump into for casual players while still having loads of depth for more advanced players.

While there are a few negative points I have concerning the World Tour, I do still overall rate it as a unique and fun experience. As such, I'm already doing a second playthrough of World Tour.

Probably the most important things about SF6 are its gameplay and netcode. Needless to say, Capcom gets perfect scores in both of these areas.

If SF6 is the first fighting game of this generation, then the future is truly looking bright for fighting game fans.

Street Fighter 6 is absolutely worth the money and I'd recommend it to just about anyone. Even within just the short span of time that I've been able to play the game, this game already feels like it could be the best entry in the series.

Note: On behalf of EventHubs, I was provided an early copy of the Steam version of Street Fighter 6 for the purpose of this review.

Still no way on earth for me, whatever some say!
F*cking Street Fighter V: arcade edition was even 89 on PC. Three more points does not seem that much better.
And Street Fighter 30TH was ONLY 79 on PC...

Last edited:

Just_one

I told myself i wouldnt buy this day 1 and physical because i truely hated how ugly the cover is but my usually store has a beatiful steelbook edition and i just pre-order the game!!

Lasha

I'm happy to see such a positive reception from mainstream media. Capcom seems to have learned from the rocky reception of SFV. I'm still going to wait a bit before buying a copy since I didn't enjoy the demo as much as I hoped. I'm going to get some reps in at my local to put the game through it's paces.

Top Bottom