• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI Review Thread

poodaddy

My wife preordered ultimate edition for me just now as an early father's day gift... guess i'm gonna be playin it after all. Yay.
Good for you bro. My birthday's in less than a week, so I was hoping maybe my wife would ok it, but no dice lol. Makes sense, I'm gonna live vicariously through you guys. Enjoy it for me bro, win some matches with Guile for me.

Holy shit, just noticed that like 1/2 my friend list has the game preordered, shit is gonna be poppin, can’t help but feel this one is gonna be special. ~20 hours to go til the unlock…
I’m getting insanely hyped 🎊🎉💫✨😻😻😻

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Just got my key from CD keys.

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Ordered the PC deluxe on Shopto for £50. Delivered the key straight away which was unexpected! Few friends picked it up so I’m sure I’ll get a decent amount of play time out of it!

Last edited:
A little over an hour to go until it's live here in Japan, will play for a couple of hours then try to get some sleep, Diablo 4 goes live in the morning and the marathon begins!

What a dope as fuck time for the gaming industry, someone give me the magic spell to freeze time before FFXVI drops in 3 weeks 💯💯💯

Hot5pur

How are colors unlocked? Real $$ or drive tickets? How grindy is it? I love unlocking stuff. Will new costumes be $$ or also drive tickets?

Kinda looking forward to SFVI more, D4 went too far with their monetization and early access BS.

Did Ken's arcade mode and unlocked a bunch of dope art. Created this Street walke.. uhh, I mean *fighter* 😂:

66WGPxd.jpg

Bought some pizza then beat the shit out of the shop keeper that sold it to me, good times! Game is already awesome, will check out ranked matches over the next couple of days once I've done some training with Ken/Blanka 👌

Dev1lXYZ

In buying it just to see how they mixed Guy/Zaku in with Kimberly. Since she was Guy's student, expectations are high that I can use my jump in elbow with a standing elbow followed by a medium leg sweep. People fall for it when I started mixing it up back in the day.

In buying it just to see how they mixed Guy/Zaku in with Kimberly. Since she was Guy's student, expectations are high that I can use my jump in elbow with a standing elbow followed by a medium leg sweep. People fall for it when I started mixing it up back in the day.
Played Kim almost exclusively in the beta, jump elbow baits DPs all day its hilarious

You guys do realise the reviews are factoring in lots of casuals who emphasise praise for its features like world tour and the lobby system.

What matters most is the core gameplay and we will have to see how good it turns out to be.

The being said, I am elated to begin playing in a few hours when my midnight release download finishes. I hope this lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Well i paid for ultimate edition of streetfighter 6 on ps5 and it not showing my bonus 7700 drive tickets, when i go to store it showing i have standard edition as still shows price tag for other two editions yet if i go to my transactions it shows i purchased the top edition a£99, fck sony are useless, even the preorder extra colour not showing up

Last edited:

hyperbertha

The one thing I like most about this game is how they really toned down the saturation and activity in the background to keep the attention on the fight.
Previous games and especially guilty gear strive suffer from the stage being more eye-catching than the fighters themselves.way too distracting and makes it hard to read what's going on. Really turned me off.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Loving it so far. Would probably give it a 9.5/10.

Also, random note, love the backgrounds! Guille has the best background he’s ever had.

nbkicker

Can't believe the hype and sales this game is getting? Especially it only being MID
Only mid to mortal kombat and tekken hardcore fans, there will be threads gallore come thu when gameplay shown off about how graphically mk is compared to sf6, yet still every female character will be covered up in clothing that they would die of heat exhaustion before fighting

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I like it .. the demo didn’t do this game any justice. The world tour is alot of fun if you are not one who just likes to run through a game as quick as possible because you are going to have a hard time if you are.
It’s like a modern mix of street fighter and final fight.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Yea, Series S continues to be a complete and utter waste of time and resources. MS needs to just do away with it and release a "Xbox Series XS". A diskless Series S at a slightly higher price point while still being cheaper than the X.

Yea, Series S continues to be a complete and utter waste of time and resources. MS needs to just do away with it and release a "Xbox Series XS". A diskless Series S at a slightly higher price point while still being cheaper than the X.
Its too late, there are too many Series S out in the wild. They will have to support it for the rest of the Gen. They can't just abandon all those series s owners.

The Series S was a very short sighted move.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'd really like to get this game but :

- Always was a SF fan and for its big comeback (SF4) back in the PS3/X360 era, I actually had a custom stick made just to able to play it.
Tried the SF6 demo on my PS5 and...nope, I can't play this on a joypad - both from a command type/input point if view and a joypad longevity one, meaning, I can't play for shit using a joypad but IF I somehow decide to do so I think I'm going to destroy the joypad from the abuse.
There's no way I'm spending 70 big ones for the game AND another 80-100 for a stick since A) I'm too old for this shit now and B) I don't have the space.

- Took a look at the various editions and...Holy fooking Christ, yet another game with a Season pass...
The basic edition feels "hollow" for a lack of a better word, no extra characters, no extra costumes, no extra colours, I mean...this is a fighting game and you're putting content behind a paywall? Fuck off.

True, last time I actually engaged with a fighting game was SF4 so maybe this shit is to be expected nowadays but it's a hard pill to swallow, this game, with the "ultimate" season pass would cost me the price of 2 games , not to mention again the joypad thing, I don't know.

It's a shame since - again - I'd really like to give it a go but...

amigastar

For season pass i don't care which characters we get but i have to say i don't like Rashid. Never really like that character, he was missing something playful. The same goes for Necalli.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
For season pass i don't care which characters we get but i have to say i don't like Rashid. Never really like that character, he was missing something playful. The same goes for Necalli.

Really? I am of the opposite end. I thought he was very fun to play and had a joyful energy to him in its animations. Personally I really hope Haggar and Cody become playable in SF6 more than any other. Bring back the original crew of FInal Fight, especially given Metro City and World Tour is basically a new FInal Fight game.

amigastar

Really? I am of the opposite end. I thought he was very fun to play and had a joyful energy to him in its animations. Personally I really hope Haggar and Cody become playable in SF6 more than any other. Bring back the original crew of FInal Fight, especially given Metro City and World Tour is basically a new FInal Fight game.
Haggar and Cody would be awesome. Final Fight was a part of my Childhood.

gunstarhero

I'd really like to get this game but :

- Always was a SF fan and for its big comeback (SF4) back in the PS3/X360 era, I actually had a custom stick made just to able to play it.
Tried the SF6 demo on my PS5 and...nope, I can't play this on a joypad - both from a command type/input point if view and a joypad longevity one, meaning, I can't play for shit using a joypad but IF I somehow decide to do so I think I'm going to destroy the joypad from the abuse.
There's no way I'm spending 70 big ones for the game AND another 80-100 for a stick since A) I'm too old for this shit now and B) I don't have the space.

- Took a look at the various editions and...Holy fooking Christ, yet another game with a Season pass...
The basic edition feels "hollow" for a lack of a better word, no extra characters, no extra costumes, no extra colours, I mean...this is a fighting game and you're putting content behind a paywall? Fuck off.

True, last time I actually engaged with a fighting game was SF4 so maybe this shit is to be expected nowadays but it's a hard pill to swallow, this game, with the "ultimate" season pass would cost me the price of 2 games , not to mention again the joypad thing, I don't know.

It's a shame since - again - I'd really like to give it a go but...
I assume you bought one of the later SF4 editions if you think this game feels hollow?

Season passes aren’t bad in fighting games imo. We used to have to buy a whole new game just to get 4 characters added. At least we don’t pay for gameplay and balance updates anymore!

Dr. Suchong

Might get to play some Marisa tomorrow (finally got some free time)
My anti air game isn't up to snuff so I've got to work on that.
Hopefully there won't be a sea of Kens to wade through too.
I can't believe how much better 6 is than 5.
Just obliterates it imo.

RAIDEN1

For those who have got to the end of the game in the single-player aspect is it true that even if you match your fighting level ability with the "final-boss" you will still get your ass handed to you so to speak, and then re-start your journey all over again?

Celcius

°Temp. member

For those who have got to the end of the game in the single-player aspect is it true that even if you match your fighting level ability with the "final-boss" you will still get your ass handed to you so to speak, and then re-start your journey all over again?

The next to the final boss fight is definitely one of the most overpowered bosses that I’ve seen in a fighting game (I’m talking like classic king of fighters boss level or more). If you lose to him then you continue the story though, so don’t waste all your items on him like I did.

Toons

Banned
I haven't bought yet but I've played a bit and had a great time. Gotta lab it for a while once my schedule clears up

Top Bottom