• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI Review Thread

GHG

Still playing TOTK, just bought system shock remake, Diablo 4 soon, FF XVI soon, I just don't have room for this at the moment so it will have to wait until the summer.

So happy it's turned out well though.

Klosshufvud

IGN low key dropping the best explanation of SF6 battle system in their review. I'm a bit surprised how few reviews are criticizing its visuals. Atleast in videos it looks really underwhelming as RE Engine games tend to do.

TheMan

Not personally very interested in fighting games anymore, but it’s nice to see Street Fighter getting such positive buzz again. Makes me feel kind of nostalgic in a way

Capcom has been on a roll! Unfortunately, I'm skipping SF6 Launch window but I'm getting it on Holidays or something like that when there are more characters and I have the time to invest in the game. For now, I'll keep playing ToTK and FFXVI is around the corner, so there's no use for me to buy SF6 if I'll barely play it in the coming months.

ssringo

Arcade Congratulations GIF by PIZZA PALS PLAYZONE

Haven't touched a fighting game in like 20 years. Was heavily considering it before reviews. If player concensus mirrors critics I suppose I'll have to give it a shot.

Reactions: Isa

Needlecrash

Capcom is officially 2/2 this year. Resident Evil 4 Remake performing well and now, as expected, Street Fighter 6. Even new players are jumping in the game in full force, especially when they've not played any fighting games before. Say what you want, Capcom is kicking some serious ass this year while rolling in that dough.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Robins

World Tour is just (cringey) bonus content. It shouldn't affect the score.
I disagree, it's part of the game and should be considered as part of the total review score.

If you pick and choose the content to review to suite personal opinion it isn't really a review.

Don’t care for fighting games but happy for fans of the franchise and love to see legacy franchises live up to the hype. Great job by Capcom! 2023 continues to deliver.

I disagree, it's part of the game and should be considered as part of the total review score.

If you pick and choose the content to review to suite personal opinion it isn't really a review.
Depends where you're coming from. If you're mostly into single player (like seemingly 95% in this forum) then you're right.
As WT really is nothing to write home about a score above 90% wouldn't be justified.

But if you're into playing against other people this WT mode is nothing but a neat free extra content.
Playtime maybe 2 days? It's even an optional download that can be skipped.

Whereas we're going to play the "real game" for maybe 5+ years.

splattered

Well damn I wasn't expecting this to score well at all... The generic world /custom characters just look so awful and cringe to me. Guess I should preorder/buy after all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Capcom is having a great year after year due to proper management.
Live a Live, Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Console Edition, Paranormosight, Octopath Traveller II, Theatrythm FInal Bar Line, Crisis Core, Dragon Quest Treasures, Romancing SaGa remaster, VBalkyrie Elysium, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Harvestella, Star Ocean 6, Triangle Strategy, DioFeld Chronicle, Voice of Cards Trilogy, Various Daylife...

Forspoken and Babylon's Fall were failures. But that was two games out of so many released in the past year that were amazing.

feynoob

Banned
Live a Live, Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Console Edition, Paranormosight, Octopath Traveller II, Theatrythm FInal Bar Line, Crisis Core, Dragon Quest Treasures, Romancing SaGa remaster, VBalkyrie Elysium, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Harvestella, Star Ocean 6, Triangle Strategy, DioFeld Chronicle, Voice of Cards Trilogy, Various Daylife...

Forspoken and Babylon's Fall were failures. But that was two games out of so many released in the past year that were amazing.
A lot of their games failed financially. Mainly due to bad marketing and focusing on nfts, instead of investing their resources on their games.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Im gonna pick this game up most likely, but the overall presentation just doesnt spark any interest. I love fighting games so i hope investing some time into it, learn the mechanics and finding a main will change that.

Well damn I wasn't expecting this to score well at all... The generic world /custom characters just look so awful and cringe to me. Guess I should preorder/buy after all.
That part is cringe and not great. I can't recommend paying 70 bucks if you're mostly interested in that mode.

But that's surely not the reason for the 92 average review score. The actual fighting with the non-custom characters is. Which will be fun for years.
That's 70 bucks well spent (or 40 bucks thanks to cdkeys).

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Its release window is the only issue for me.

I’m getting Diablo 4 same day instead, and then ff16. I won’t get to this purchase until end of June proper or early July depending on finances.

Would’ve loved to play day one. I think a lot of folks are holding off due to other releases so hopefully capcom is ready for some delayed sales.

Its release window is the only issue for me.

I’m getting Diablo 4 same day instead, and then ff16. I won’t get to this purchase until end of June proper or early July depending on finances.

Would’ve loved to play day one. I think a lot of folks are holding off due to other releases so hopefully capcom is ready for some delayed sales.
I'm being dumb and getting both. I won't play diablo seriously for about a week maybe longer as I lock Marisa, Gief and Jp down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
I'm extremely surprised about this score because to me the production values were all over the place. The character designs were a little off, but this may have been due to the artstyle and their proporations were absolutely wacky. Also. they reused multiple assets such as how several characters are all leaning on the same barrel in the selection screen. It's little things like this that make it feel as though they stretched their resources too thin and to me that should play into consideration when giving such high scores. Other developers dedicate more attention to detail, why shouldn't Capcom?

Freeman76

Thats high! I havent played a street fighter game since i was a teenager and it was 20p a game in the arcades lol.

Will have to read some reciews and see whats meant to be so good about it

Kacho

Great scores. Congrats to Capcom.

Still not feeling it for some reason so I’ll pick it up later on.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Thats high! I havent played a street fighter game since i was a teenager and it was 20p a game in the arcades lol.

Will have to read some reciews and see whats meant to be so good about it
IGN 's review is surprisingly in-depth, and dives deep into the mechanics and systems at play. That's one reviewer that actually know fighting games. You will learn a TON from that review.

Hot5pur

Better than expected! That's really great.

Also for anyone wondering about classic constumes:

There is one unlockable for each character in the world tour mode, presumably by improving your relationship with each master. Unclear about colors. Seems Capcom held off on the DLC/store before reviews as they are expected to heavily monetize all cosmetics. This last bit is just conjecture. There will also be a battlepass for avatar cosmetics

Top Bottom