• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI Review Thread

Isa

Got it installed and ready to go. Glad its doing well, I liked the Happy Console Gamer review with the guest that mentioned the similarity of the World Tour mode to that old Mortal Kombat game I used to love. I'm definitely going to get some good value out of that mode to be sure. Really looking forward to see how Dragons Dogma II turns out as that is my most anticipated game by far. I hope the future content for SF6 is good.

MiguelItUp

Cannot wait to get into this at all, between this and Diablo IV I'm losing my mind, haha. Really excited to get familiar with the systems, find my main, and get back into it. It's been way too long.

nbkicker

Preload now up on steam, time to download to pc and steam deck ready for friday
0MUBQgU.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome scores and looks incredible. Not sure I'll pick it up though, looks like an insanely steep learning curve. I remember trying SF IV as a teenager and I couldn't even clear arcade mode.

I think you're wrong about thr learning curve. Sf6 seems like one of the most accessible fg's out there. Seems they'll have a goof tutorial, and sf4 was known for being one of the hardest sf's to master.

Also, sf6 has the drive system which is one of those low barrier, high skill ceiling systems. It's also more streamlined compared to sfv

You should get it! Fg's are all about putting in work no matter the game tho if you want to be halfway decent.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I know this basically none issue when it comes to actual game itself but couldn't Capcom come up with better cover art.

Why Luke is making goofy Youtube thumbnail face in here?
street-fighter-6-box-art-leaked-v0-33j6wl0xpr4a1.png

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Guess they didn't like getting dissed with SFV (and it's deserved reviews for the lack of content at the start) so they made things right from the start with this game or did as much as they could until the inevitable new versions of the game.

Last edited:

Just_one

I know this basically none issue when it comes to actual itself but couldn't Capcom come up with better cover art.

I told myself i wouldn't get the physical version because of that awful ugly cover but i found out that the steelbook edition cover is pretty great so i went with it

Brigandier

I guess I need to try the game... I just dunno if I like the look of it, All the new characters seem meh and where's Akuma Bison Balrog Sagat Nash Fei Long 😞

Bring back Cammy's ass!!

I think i'll pick up once there's some DLC out.

SenkiDala

I wanna buy the game on Xbox but first I wanna know something. I want the normal version since DX or Ultimate are too expensive, is it possible to get the season pass later ? I guess yes but... I don't find information about it.

Hestar69

not really into fighting game sbut playign the beta was fun and friend says the SP is supposed to be really good...I hope he's right lol

I know this basically none issue when it comes to actual game itself but couldn't Capcom come up with better cover art.

It will change like it did with SFV along with uodates. I think it had like like 3 different covers.

GenericUser

Absolutely phenomenal scores. I didn't expect that. I'm more of a tekken guy so this is not exactly good news for me personally, but happy punching Street Fighter bros! Game seems to be superb.

Hot5pur

To be fair, there was almost no hype for SF6 on GAF and that thread was driving most of the discussion around the game, which just means most people here weren't that excited about the game. Now that the reviews are out a lot of people are suddenly jumping on the "of course it was going to be amazing" bandwagon. Not that it matters too much, hopefully it has staying power and people stick with it.

The World Tour mode brings back memories of VF4/5 Evo's Quest mode, surely one of the best FG single-player mode's at the time. Kept me hooked for 50+ hours.

GHG

Gold Member
Decided to get this over Diablo 4 for now. Good price over at CDkeys and I still have my doubts in terms of what diablo's "seasons" will introduce so want to see how that pans out over the next couple of months before diving in there.

Looking forward to diving into the world tour mode.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The modern controls are great and designed for folks just like you. Give the demo a shot if you've got any hesitation.

Gave the dem oa try, im really bad at it.

Might get the standard edition alongside the pre order items pack at a later date when they are at a discount.

I’ve seen some of this wifi/wired connection stuff. Is this being overblown at all? I’m a casual fighter fan, I might get competitive with friends but I’m not looking to play with pros or even get that good. I don’t have issues with any other games online.

If it’s truly that awful playing on wifi then I guess I could hook up an Ethernet cable and run it round the room, I’d rather not though in all fairness. The wife will certainly have something to say about it too!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Gotta say, I love most of the new and returning fighter designs, but man Manon and Spartan Lady especially feel so out of place and fucking ugly.

splattered

What's really depressing about buying more games this year... D4 and SF6 is that i just don't have space on my internal or external SSD drives. :( I gotta shuffle games to mechanical drive graveyard where they just sit until i remember i have them and will prob never play them haha

Top Bottom