• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Study finds that Women are more hardcore gamers than Men.

Vier

Jun 7, 2019
Dallas, Texas
I remember when she appeared on TOTP.
Top of the Pops? Awesome show.

Here was my favorite music show:

Reactions: Cockles & Whelks

nush

Oct 16, 2017
A long haul flight from wherever you are.
There are a lot of "shadow" female gamers out there that are not as visible because they don't go to conventions, they don't post on forum threads, and they don't hang out in gaming stores all weekend.

I think gamers should be defined by anyone will to pay at least $10 for a game up front. That would weed out all the FTP "Gamers" on mobile.

martino

Apr 25, 2013
France
There are a lot of "shadow" female gamers out there that are not as visible because they don't go to conventions, they don't post on forum threads, and they don't hang out in gaming stores all weekend.

when isee that i'm almost a female gamer at hearth

RJMacready73

Jun 25, 2020
FFS I had to prise the Xbox controller from my ex's hands to get a go at Oblivion when it came out, I ended up resigning myself to watching her play it

killatopak

Aug 29, 2013
Anecdotal but I have first hand experience.

3 girls at my house play more than me.

I spend more time in forums and news sites than playing.

Shut0wen

Oct 29, 2020
My first job i ever had was door to door knocking, selling shitty internet to gullible people, did this job for over a year and a half and one of my biggest surprises were how many women who either dont work for various reasons or retired that play video games, one that stuck out the most was a 66 year old woman who was retired and loved playing world of warcraft, never sold her the shitty internet but watched her play for an hour. I dont like wow and only ever played it for about an hour byt she was crazy good in a clan and everything