• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer (Exclusive)

Adam Cozad, who wrote The Legend of Tarzan for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to pen the studio's sequel to Suicide Squad.

The follow-up is a priority for Warners, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson. No filmmakers are currently attached, and the studio is focusing on nailing down a story.

David Ayer wrote (and directed) the 2016 movie, which had an all-star cast that included Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto. The pic faced some hurdles during production and was met with a somewhat polarizing response, but grossed $745 million worldwide, enough to put a follow-up on the fast-track.

Ayer is not returning for the sequel, and is instead focusing on developing Gotham City Sirens, a project that reunites him with Robbie and focuses on the female villains of the DC Universe.

Suicide Squad told the story of such villains as Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter sentences.

Cozad is known for trafficking in the action and comic book realms. The scribe co-wrote 2014's Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit starring Chris Pine and penned Underwater, the adventure movie that is heating up at Fox with Kristen Stewart coming on board to star.

c4jt321.png

JJH

Can't be worst than "I'd advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."

kevin1025

Banned
Oh right, that Tarzan movie wasn't just a trailer!

I mean, it'll probably go through another three screenwriters before we get to filming, so good luck to them!

The writer also penned the terrible Jack Ryan shadow recruit film. One of the few films in the thousands I've watched that made me fall asleep due to sheer tedium.

.......this is..not good....at all.

Maddocks

Long as they have time to write, should be fine. Have to remember ayer wrote the movie in what 6 weeks and the best we got was,"This is Katana, she has my back" and "You don't want no beef?" lines. So now that they are hammering down story early and with the help of Mel(lets face it, we are totally getting a Mel Gibson directed Suicide Squad 2) it will be a better movie and a better villain then the hula hooping enchantress.

kevin1025

Banned
Long as they have time to write, should be fine. Have to remember ayer wrote the movie in what 6 weeks and the best we got was,"This is Katana, she has my back" and "You don't want no beef?" lines. So now that they are hammering down story early and with the help of Mel(lets face it, we are totally getting a Mel Gibson directed Suicide Squad 2) it will be a better movie and a better villain then the hula hooping enchantress.

The question is, will they paste the Joker into the story with a faulty glue stick like the did the first one? Or will they rightly make him the bad guy?

Amir0x

Banned

im not sure "length of time spent writing" actually helps writers who are already inherently shitty.

People are talking about Legend of Tarzan because that's the biggest one, but this hack also wrote Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and Archangels.

This is a disaster in the making, again.

kevin1025 said:
The question is, will they paste the Joker into the story with a glue stick like the did the first one? Or will they rightly make him the bad guy

oh god then we'd have to spend more time on screen with Jared Leto's joker. Nothing can end well with this!

Shut your mouth, elf. Legend of Tarzan was awesome. Now, they just need Alexander Skarsgård's abs to guarantee success.

Bitch you gotta EARN the right to call me that and the only reason Bobby can is because I sent him to Mt. Doom for 6 months

The fact that that movie didn't leave a smoldering crater in the earth still boggles my mind tbh

Maddocks

The question is, will they paste the Joker into the story with a glue stick like the did the first one? Or will they rightly make him the bad guy?

If they can use him, they should use him. But make him terrifying and not some generic gangsta type. I liked Joker, but he really felt like Joker at level 4 when he should be cranked up to level 11, this is the JOKER we are talking about, the guy who killed a Robin, and got his face broken by Batman.

foppy79

I thought the legend of Tarzan was fine...But not because if it's writing.

If DC can't get it's universe shit together it's gonna be one hell of a self-destruction when all of this stops making money.
It will never stop making money somehow

TalonJH

I never saw that Tarzan movie but this is a bad thing, right? I mean Suicide Squad wasn't great but it wasn't the worst fun/dumb action movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom