• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad delayed till 02.02.2024

nial

Gold Member
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Von

And to think this game was going to launch next month from its first initial launch date.

MiguelItUp

For the amount of time, money, and effort that's gone into this thing they HAVE to release it. It's SO unfortunate. They're probably gonna try to change what they can in this time, but the core is still going to be there. It's most certainly bound to fail.

Puts superhero games on the map big time and makes some of the best Batman content in any art form. Invent a new innovative beloved combat system. Get copied less successfully by 3rd person action games for years and years.

Shits the bed for almost 10 years straight, founders leave abruptly, entire internet turns on you, completely fucked after your shooter game flops.

What. The. Fuck. Happened? Seriously. Can we get an ex rocksteady employee in this bitch to give us the drama?

Bragr

Banned
A YEAR??!

Jesus, that's a lot longer than I anticipated, I assume they are gonna try to drastically change the game, but the dev cost for this game must go through the roof. Are they that confident that the sales are gonna increase that much with whatever they are doing?

They HAVE to remove the microtransaction feel of the game, if people see a hint of it, they will immediately hate it again. What a position to be in.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The fact this got greenlit at all surprises me.
Then again it was probably greenlit while GaaS market wasnt over saturated and people werent tired of looter shooters.......~8 years of development and the project just doesnt make sense anymore.

No exec would greenlight this in our current climate but maybe 8 years ago this was a good idea.

Day and date it on Gamepass or make it free to play and hope for the best 70 dollars for this is a farce.
Imagine this is RockSteady, for years we were wondering what they were working on..........i dont think anyone could have guessed it was this.
Anthem 2.0 except with zero hype from day one.

MOTM

Banned
Really? I'm surprised. They must have really taken the reaction to heart.
I mean it was unanimously bad. Don’t think there’s even been such a bad response to a big AAA reveal. At least not that I can remember. This game will be sent out to die.

All they had to do was Superman or Justice League but corporate greed killed em.

Two things will happen after this flops, they will be shut down, or be mandated to return to Batman: Arkham with their tails between their legs for an "I'm sorry" project.

mckmas8808

Banned
The fact this got greenlit at all surprises me.
Then again it was probably greenlit while GaaS market wasnt over saturated and people werent tired of looter shooters.......~8 years of development and the project just doesnt make sense anymore.

No exec would greenlight this in our current climate but maybe 8 years ago this was a good idea.

Day and date it on Gamepass or make it free to play and hope for the best 70 dollars for this is a farce.
Imagine this is RockSteady, for years we were wondering what they were working on..........i dont think anyone could have guessed it was this.
Anthem 2.0 except with zero hype from day one.

Truer words were never spoken than the bold here.

sendit

They saw the reaction to the 30 FPS only mode for Redfall and decided to not deal with that type of PR.

Elios83

They probably realized that with the reception they got the game was destined to be the next Marvel's Avengers.....so they probably asked one extra year to soft-reboot it into some kind of co-op based Batman sequel.
It's unlikely they'll be successful, turning something that was conceived like gaas into something else is not an easy task and at marketing level the well is already poisoned.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They probably realized that with the reception they got the game was destined to be the next Marvel's Avengers.....so they probably asked one extra year to soft-reboot it into some kind of co-op based Batman sequel.
It's unlikely they'll be successful, turning something that was conceived like gaas into something else is not an easy task and at marketing level the well is already poisoned.
I think we had another Halo: Infinite scenario were they wanted to release the game as is and only develop additional content as and if needed based on the players’ feedback GaaS style… and well the initial response made them think it would be better to add more months worth of content.

tkscz

What is going on?
They showed gameplay at the Sony event and it was just another "Games as a Service" style shoot and loot game like that awful Avengers game that flopped or the recent Gotham Knights that also failed for the same reason. Not sure why WB keeps trying to push for GaaS, literally no other company is trying it anymore. Destiny(2) are pretty much the only long staying one and I doubt anyone playing that is going to a different game.

phant0m

Too bad, would've been nice to get this dumped out so Rocksteady could start working on something people actually want to play. Now another whole year down the drain for them.

They still haven’t put out anything since Arkham Knight (2016) right?

Top Bottom