• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Extended Cut |OT| I'm Just a Sucker for Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide Squad Extended Cut (2016)

tumblr_ogn4qy9H2F1rp74xfo3_500.gif

Figuring they're all expendable, a U.S. intelligence officer decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillains for a top-secret mission. Now armed with government weapons, Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc and other despicable inmates must learn to work together. Dubbed Task Force X, the criminals unite to battle a mysterious and powerful entity, while the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto) launches an evil agenda of his own.

Release date: August 1, 2016 (New York City)
Director: David Ayer
Box office: 745.6 million USD
Budget: 175 million USD
Rotten Tomatoes Score: [Redacted]
Official Website

Extended cut –
Digital: 11/15/16
Blu-ray: 12/13/16
Trailer

Comes out tonight at midnight! I'm very excited to see more of Harley and the Joker and I'm hoping that the 13 additional minutes of footage will address some of the movie's shortcomings!

Blablurn

I haven't seen it yet cause it didn't come to China. Looking forward to this version. I actually enjoyed all DC movies so far.

I would be SO excited for this... if I didn't already buy the Amazon bundle with the blu ray and the Harley Quinn statue for 130...

But still, I should get this too to add to my Suicide Squad collection!!! C:
20th favorite film of ALL TIME is about to get BIGGER

I would be SO excited for this... if I didn't already buy the Amazon bundle with the blu ray and the Harley Quinn statue for 130...

I am unsure how to process this exclamation, to be totally honest.

Mariolee

Somewhat anxious. This is the last chance for this film to redeem itself in my eyes, but I have a bad feeling it won't change much.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
11 minutes isnt enough. If it was 30 minutes with a massive focus on Harley+Joker, i would be all in. They were the best part about the movie.

I didnt think an abusive manipulative relationship would be the best part about a comic book movie but hey its definitely different than the action packed snoozefests we have been getting lately.

So is the movie basically unchanged outside of the 13 extra minutes?

I enjoyed it in theaters (despite it just being the trailer for 2 hours) but that seems more like "deleted scenes" vs. a better cut of the film

Penguin

I'm intrigued because I don't think 11 mins helps fix any of this film's problems, but is it just 11 mins or do they recut/edit around certain scenes is the bigger question

Kibbles

Unless they are still false advertising with clips not in the extended cut in the EC trailers etc, it looks like we are getting the original Amanda Waller steakhouse scene which should mean that the film opens with June Moon in the cave since Waller doesn't do the fast introductions in the original scene. But we'll see.

I can't get over how goofy Joker looks in the reshot helicopter scene (not to mention the abysmal editing and sound when Harley jumps and he reaches out to her). I hope the extended cut is the original version.

Original from BTS:
tumblr_oghps5cI3Q1uwii26o2_500.gif

reshoot:
QnwmAU0.jpg

low quality pic but ffs you can see the eyebrow tape and how fake that green wig is. No way they can pass that shit on bluray.

Savitar

I can't see it being really different but I liked it so eh.

One thing it did do wrong though is have a weak villain with a glowly thing in the sky.

That really needs to change, how movies have done that in the last several years.

Lupercal

Banned
11 more minutes to stay awake for ?
Goddamn DC, I would've preferred if you cut some of the bad stuff out.

Gives me a 25 min nap.

I had fun with the movie in the theaters. Was the film flawed? Sure. Was it an absolutely trainwreck? Not in my opinion. So, I am looking forward to watching the Extended Cut.

The real crime here, however, is that UHD Blu is the theatrical cut, but the Extended Cut Blu is included.

-shadow-

As long as the bar scene is extended they can do whatever they want for all I care. By far the best scene in the film with some great chemistry between the actors. Shame the WB keeps messing up films and changing it after the fact, they really should let a director put his/her vision out for a change and just accept the reaction. Learn from that and move onto the next one with better ideas.

I'm mildly interested. I didn't love the theatrical version, but it had some nice moments, so I hope they manage to improve it a bit.

Urgh... It's all my fault.
There is no movie that I despised more than Suicide Squad this year and yet I will give the extended cut a chance. DC always gets my money...

The BvS extended cut didn't change anything for me (the film made a little bit more sense but was even more boring) but I'm an optimist at heart and I really want to like Suicide Squad so I'll give it a shot. My expectations couldn't be any lower though. I want the Ayer cut, not just an extended version.

I am actually interested to know how the extended cut is. It's a bummer that it's not a directors cut, I think that would be a much different movie then a extended version.
I thought The theatrical released was terrible.

You're the same guy who said you loved Aiden in Watch_Dogs. Either your dealer hooked you up with some loco shit or you're trolling.

Izuna

Banned
Tell me, is this version worth watching?

My BFF watched this just for the eye-candy (read: Harly Quinn butt) and basically said the movie is trash. Is it at least better than MoS/BvS?

Vic_Viper

Wasnt this supposed to not exist lol? Glad they decided to do an extended cut, but I really want a David Ayer cut.

Tell me, is this version worth watching?

My BFF watched this just for the eye-candy (read: Harly Quinn butt) and basically said the movie is trash. Is it at least better than MoS/BvS?

Nope, it's the worst of the three by far imo and I liked MoS quite a bit. As for the extended version, nobody has seen it yet but it probably won't change much.

Anyone know if you have the 4K UHD bluray on pre order from amazon, which is supposed to come with with a digital copy, do you have to still wait till Dec 13th to see the digital or do you get access to the digital copy tonight?

I suspect its the former, which sucks :(

dcelw540

I haven't seen the movie so maybe that's why I don't understand but why didn't she just brake and get off the bike?

I watched the movie and this still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and that part when the car stops irrupt is too sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom