• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Coming in 2022

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
After Batman Arkham games and Spider-Man insomniac games I consider super hero games a safe bet. Now let’s get Wolverine and this silly group based villain game (suicide squad is a terrible name, sinister six? Hell yeah) kinda want gameplay than a demo for sure.
Homer Simpson Animation GIF by FOX TV

Last edited:
Having spent 10 years working on the lowly Batman, finally Rocksteady gets to enter the big leagues and take on... the Suicide Squad? Deadshot may have been a C-tier villain before, but now he's one of the main characters.

I will never understand the current obsession with the Suicide Squad. Also, yeah, it's hilarious that that bug-eyed lady is in every game. Her face still haunts me from Jedi Fallen Order. She looked weirder than the fucking alien.

nbkicker

I do think Harley's face should be more generally attractive.
They cant make her to attractive in this day and age, especially since after arkham knight rocksteady came out with statement of they need todo better with there female charachters going forward and all the female staff in there studio will have a say in to how there female characters look and behave in all there future games going forward

RCU005

Wonder what they are hiding since they dont want us to know how it plays

I'll be pissed if this is not an action third-person game. I am open to something different but I hope it's not some BS game mechanics, or first person view or something like that. I

If this is a continuation of the Arkham games, then there should be no problem in the gameplay department.

VulcanRaven

Could be great but I kept thinking how much more interesting the game would be if we played as the Justice League instead.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Looks cool but is there a reason to think it won’t play like Avengers? Seems like a standard GaaS style co-op beat them up / shooter game.

jakinov

Since they didn't say early or spring/summer 2022. It's probably coming late 2022. I don't think there's many developers nowadays that will show gameplay a year in advanced unless the game was originally planned to release earlier but got delayed. Aspects of the games can still be tentative or they don't have the polish they want yet before showing it off.

NoviDon

They should've made that rumored superman game. its past due for one and people would be hyped for it. I'd rather be superman than kill him. But whatever.

Doom85

I will never understand the current obsession with the Suicide Squad.

Well, this year’s film did make sense as the SS are a perfect pick for someone like James Gunn to just go ape shit with and make a very violent and darkly comedic film out of it. And hell, having seem about 15-20 or so films of this year, it’s personally my favorite, Gunn and the cast absolutely ruled.

This game, though, eh we’ll see. The writing obviously isn’t as strong as this year’s film but still not as bad as a good deal of the 2016 film (god, that Katana introduction, WTF), but not showing any gameplay for your 2nd trailer is lame. Fine for the announcement trailer, but by the time of the second trailer it’s time to show what you got.

The tech and the art look excellent, but having never been sold on the Suicide Squad premise, I feel a bit left out. I guess I'll need gameplay videos and an info dump on the mechanics/progression before forming an impression...

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So, we previously got a fully rendered announcement trailer. Now we got an in-game story trailer. I was legit expecting at least snippets of gameplay in the mix. But no, lmao.

Same with Gotham Knights. At least with the announcement we saw some gameplay.

Come on man, story is cool and all, yeah. But it's a video game, show us gameplay, lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom