• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Coming in 2022

Marvel

could never
rHjRU0z.jpg

How many games is this bug-eyed lady in? jfc
Sick of her.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
looks nice but not even a clue how gameplay will work
Why do so many think this is a valid concern/complaint?

It's called marketing strategy. They show a trailer with some story info for a game due in a year to create some buzz, then dole out some details in the next 10 months. It should really be pretty clear what the hook is, you have to take down an evilified Justice League.

If you don't like this, don't buy the game. Or find out who are on the marketing team and dox them for being such assholes for not giving you what you want when you want it.

CamHostage

They had a whole year to bring gameplay and didn't, makes me question the development of the game

This is DC Fandome though, not a game convention. They're showcasing the title as a brand, not as a "game". This isn't an event to speak to gamers, and like KungFucius said, this is still early in the game hype exposure cycle. (Last time was a CG teaser, this is quasi-in-engine, maybe... they didn't even bother with that "The following is realtime footage" blahblah, the suits at DC didn't care enough about gamers to label it properly, they just wanted a highlight to put in the rundown of the show.) Plus, they still have to sell the Gotham Knights game before ramping up Suicide Squad exposure. It's lame that they have a "game" at an event and then don't show it being a game, but this would have been an unusual event for that type of reveal, just like D23 will probably never be a place to see/play a Star Wars or Mickey or Marvel game even though news will probably break for any of those brands at Disney's show some day.

So, the indeterminate state of what was shown was not quite reason to worry about the status of the project (though you're free to have your doubts, it's not like they did show anything to assuage fears either, aside from that the story is in place.) Warner Games kind of had to have something of this product at this event, because otherwise it would be a different level of concern, but they didn't have to have anything meaty like gameplay because it's not a big gamer event and The Batman kind of paves over all the other conversation out of Fandome, so SS:KTJL gameplay is still on the marketing roadmap for later and the game is still a long way from selling pre-orders. (I'm sure they're nervous that GK got pushed back a year, now they have to release Knights and Suicide in 2022, assuming Suicide is actually still on track, but they say it is happening...)

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

I think it takes place in the Injustice-Multiverse... purple pinkish Brainiac, bad Heroes (yeah, he controls them, but still)...
The weird character-/costume-design let's me think this has to be GAAS but again in the "good old" Injustice2/MK11-fashion. These outfits look outstandingly designed for customization (Fucking King Sharks Tattoos and banderole).

So yeah, thanks, I hate it :D

I kinda like story premise being a mix of Injustice with Brainiac, Wonder Woman not under his control and Batman, Cyborg and Martian Manhunter MIA, but also really disappointed to wait even more for actual gameplay.

Soooo wanted to see how King Shark plays, WTF Rocksteady!

Also anyone else think that the graphics were ok, very similar or slightly better than Injustice 2? I mean the trailer was in-engine and was running at 60 fps, but the visuals weren't something extraordinary, but not bad either.

You guys think WB wants this for last gen too and saving the announcement close to launch because it will attract some negativity?

Dacon

Banned
I fucking hate it when they make Amanda Waller thin.

She's the badass fat bitch of DC. How do they keep doing this.

It's supposed to be up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op and metropolis is an open world, you can swap between character however you want when you play solo. I read it was a lot like Arkham with guns when it comes to gameplay. I have no interest in the suicide squad but I will be buying this game day one based on the two trailers we've seen, the humor looks great and the gameplay will look pretty much the same as the new trailer graphically so it's going to look good.

Last edited:

Barakov

They're leaning really hard into the movies for this one. Would explain why Deadshot is black, Harley Quinn's face etc.

Conceptually looks great but really need to see gameplay.

makaveli60

I’d rather take Gotham Knights any day over this. I hate this cringy tone that is so common nowadays (like in every Hollywood movie) where the characters always try to be funny and shooting “jokes” no matter what and failing in it spectacularly. But I know this is what the masses like, so...

did they explain yet how Deadshot is black yet when this take place in the Arkham universe
Joker threw him into a vat of black chemicals at ACE that turned his skin black /s

Real answer: WB/DC are all about shoehorning in diversity whenever possible lately (have you seen their live-action shows?). In this case, the game's main cast is three white people and a shark, so one of them had to be changed, and I suppose it may as well be Deadshot since he was recently portrayed by Will Smith.
I'm sure Rocksteady will include some kind of retcon though, like the previous Deadshot was an impostor or some crap lol
I think of this one lol.

Oh man, I completely forgot about her Oprah skits

Last edited:

rubenburgt

I used to love reading about Suicide Squad, but the movies made me quite dislike this team, and especially Harley Quinn.

What I'm trying to say here is that I'm not interested in a suicide squad game. I rather have a Justice League game.

I’d rather take Gotham Knights any day over this. I hate this cringy tone that is so common nowadays (like in every Hollywood movie) where the characters always try to be funny and shooting “jokes” no matter what and failing in it spectacularly. But I know this is what the masses like, so...

It does feel like the Suicide Squad as wacky, wise-cracking killing machines has already run its course, as has the overexposed Harley Quinn. I actually think the concept works best taken seriously, which was the idea when it was created in the late 80s.

To be honest, I'm much more excited for the fact that this is a Rocksteady game than a Suicide Squad game. I really love those Arkham games.

Fbh

No gameplay after a whole year is disappointing.
Other than that there's not much to go on. The visuals looks pretty good, but as desperate as DC seems to turn SQ into a big thing I feel pretty lukewarm about the IP. It apparently being almost completely guns based doesn't hype me either.

I dont understand how suicide squad suppose to fight superman, green lantern and wonder women

Isn't it a GaaS shooter?
It will work live every GaaS shooter. They'll be bullet sponges that have pre defined attack patters, you'll just have to shoot at them non stop for 20-30 minutes while evading their attacks.
And then if you are lucky they'll drop weapons that play and feel the same as the ones you already have, but their name is written in another "rarer" color and the numbers that pop up from enemies are a bit higher!.

Last edited:
Yes the suicide squad game does takes place in the Arkham universe

I stand corrected. In that case, it does mean that the Deadshot we encounter in Arkham City has been retconned or they'll explain that Deadshot is just a moniker and someone new has taken up the mantle, similar to James Bond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom