• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League - New Reveals Soon!

Just got the official press release from their communications team.

TLDR - New content and news reveal at DC Fandome on October 16th.

Game confirmed for 2022 for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC (New Gen Only)

"Warner Bros. Games and DC today debuted the official key art for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, the genre-bending action-adventure shooter featuring DC Super-Villains Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark. Developed by Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will combine the studio’s signature character-driven story gameplay with third-person shooter action to deliver a gaming experience unlike any other. Set in the richly detailed open-world Metropolis, the game’s original narrative follows the four Suicide Squad members as they take on an impossible mission to save Earth and kill the World’s Greatest DC Super Heroes.

Don’t forget to tune in to DC FanDome, the ultimate DC fan experience, on Saturday, October 16 at 10 a.m. PDT for an exclusive look at a new reveal from Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

To download the official Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League key art, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/SSKTJL-KeyArt

Squad: Kill the Justice League will be available worldwide in 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. To learn more, visit SuicideSquadGame.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (SuicideSquadRS), Instagram (SuicideSquadRS), YouTube (SuicideSquadRS), Twitch (Rocksteady), Facebook (SuicideSquadRocksteady) and Discord (SuicideSquadRS).

All assets can also be found on the Warner Bros. Games Press Site. To access, please visit WarnerBrosGames-Press.com and click the “Register Now” button.

Best,
The Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Communications Team"

Last edited:
Spoiler: the reveal is it's a GaaS.
I hope it is, if done right it can be amazing.

Most of my favorite games this gen have been GaaS ill be brutally honest. Such as Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite is shaping up really solid as well with the way its being planned. Ill probably get flamed but I will never lie about my honest opinion cause I do not sugar coat crap.

Are there bad GaaS games? Absolutely. But that can be said about anything.

Kuranghi

Spoiler: the reveal is it's a GaaS.

Funk sake Miller, why you gotta crush us like that.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

FunkMiller

I hope it is, if done right it can be amazing.

Most of my favorite games this gen have been GaaS ill be brutally honest. Such as Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite is shaping up really solid as well with the way its being planned. Ill probably get flamed but I will never lie about my honest opinion cause I do not sugar coat crap.

Are there bad GaaS games? Absolutely. But that can be said about anything.

Nope. fair enough. If you like 'em, you like 'em.

Flipside is, anything that's created to be a GaaS always suffers in the storytelling department. The single player experience is also spoiled. Then there's the whole issue of mtx, and the never ending endgame stuff, that really doesn't suit this kind of IP well at all.

I have zero interest in a DC Comics game that has no real resolution, constantly tries to get me to spend more money, and makes me play with other disgusting human beings. It would be a massive downgrade from Rocksteady's previous DC work, and I hope I'm not right about it.

Kuranghi

Well at least it won't be long to find out if it looks good or if I'll want to be taken back to the Arkham days (right when City is about to release) using a memory erasing machine.

Nope. fair enough. If you like 'em, you like 'em.

Flipside is, anything that's created to be a GaaS always suffers in the storytelling department. The single player experience is also spoiled. Then there's the whole issue of mtx, and the never ending endgame stuff, that really doesn't suit this kind of IP well at all.

I have zero interest in a DC Comics game that has no real resolution, constantly tries to get me to spend more money, and makes me play with other disgusting human beings. It would be a massive downgrade from Rocksteady's previous DC work, and I hope I'm not right about it.
I really wanted to like Marvels Avengers. The gameplay, combat and the stories were actually quite good at launch, but the issue was lack of variety and diversity in content itself and it was just too same. I heard the Wakanda release was well recieved and that they are reworking the gear and end game stuff for the end of the year. I think it has massive potential because Marvel Avengers has amazing Superhero fantasy that's really well done. Thor and Hulk are so much fun to play but the content needs to be better.

MDSLKTR

The faster they release this shit the faster they go back on Batman. By the time we get a new one the whole marvel universe will be on ps5.

Bridges

Kinda bums me out that it sounds like they're leaning more into the co-op shooter angle. Was hoping for Arkham combat with friends, but maybe that's what we'll get with Gotham Knights.

I'm not a big enough nerd to know better so maybe this has always been a thing, but it's weird to see King Shark with a gun instead of just smashing people.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Have they explained how Deadshot is black yet if this supposed to take place in the Arkham universe?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
where is that from? is there a livestream?
No, it's from the creative director and co-founder of Rocksteady, but you will learn more tomorrow with a new trailer

Is this going to be next-gen only or nah?
Yep, PC PS5 & Xbox Series

Have they explained how Deadshot is black yet if this supposed to take place in the Arkham universe?
Yes it's in the same universe. The game is expected to take place after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. As for Deadshot we don't know yet, he may be dead...

Last edited:
Top Bottom