• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - New Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Are you convinced?

hero-1920.jpg

Welcome to Task Force X. Your mission? Kill the Justice League.

Discover the origins of Amanda Waller's infamous Task Force X (a.k.a. the Suicide Squad) as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark begrudgingly embark on their mission to take down the World's Greatest DC Super Heroes, The Justice League.
Featuring an original narrative set within an expansive open-world city of Metropolis, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League puts the four DC Super-Villains on a collision course with an invading alien force and DC Super Heroes who are now laser-focused on destroying the city they once vowed to protect.

All the while, the Suicide Squad must be mindful of the lethal explosives implanted in their heads that could go off at the first sign of defiance.

Each squad member has their own unique moveset with enhanced traversal abilities to freely explore the dynamic open-world of Metropolis, along with a variety of weapons to customize, and skills to master.
Fans can tailor their experience, whether playing on their own as a single-player, or teaming up with friends in multiplayer co-op.

1319938578.jpg
js5zs5s6vut71.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of the city traversal in infamous SS a bit, but more colorful. A lot more guns.

Could be okay. The character models definitely look good. Some of the humor is amusing.

CitizenZ

Banned
Problem I have, im so sick and tired of hero type games(can someone come up with a new group?) zero.zero interest.

Also can anyone explain why Cole Mcgrath has not gotten his own fucking movie? probably the last original super/anti hero I can think of.

Last edited:

SSfox

I want to be excited as a Batman Arkham games fan but... HUH

IDK if it's the game being lame or the way the trailer is made that is lame.

Camreezie

I feel like this wont be the massive hit they think it will be and they'll end up doing another rocksteady batman

if the gameplay is this fast and frenetic
its open world. and not a barren boring open world, but has collectibles and interesting POI's
the first person sniping camera is like that....and 3rd person shooting camera for Deadshoot is like that

then this might be really fun

yurinka

The character design of Harley and Flash is pretty awful and obviously got a bit downgraded because now are showing real gameplay, but other than that the game looks very good.

Last edited:
I don't like suicide squad as a premise. Most of the time in these stories you're not really in danger as a hero, it's more the motivation to save someone or something. There is no world where any of these characters is actually interested in doing it, so you're left of with a bunch of people coerced to do chores, plus they aren't really capable of doing those.

I'll take a Rocksteady Batman reboot any day over this. At least I care about Batman, I don't care about these fucks.

This really highlights one of the problems with development times in gaming. Is there anyone who isn't sick of the Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn yet? And here we go again. I wish we were playing as the Justice League taking down the Suicide Squad gone rogue. Would interest me way more.

Also the combat didn't feel like it had much weight to it. But hey it's Rocksteady so I'm going to play it, obviously.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nah. Not for me.

I'm not a huge comic fan, but what the fuck could Harley Quinn do against Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman? AFAIK, she used to be a psychologist and then went off the rails. Yet, here she is taking on the Justice League with a baseball bat.

I could forgive it, but the gameplay looks as bland as dry bread. I'm out.

As I said in the TGA thread, these normies trying to fight flash makes no sense, kinda takes me out of it.

Dude, same. I just can't see how they can take any of the Justice League and even from this gameplay they're just fighting some random weak enemies and then comes Flash and just plays with them.

SJRB

Gold Member
The entire premise of this game just falls flat for me.

Stating the obvious here but Snyder's Justice League for example made it pretty obvious that Superman alone is enough to destroy and enslave the entire Earth. Literally none of the other superheroes are a match for him, except maybe Flash who can fucking timewarp.

Not sure what a clown, a sharkman and a cunty guy who throws boomerangs are gonna do against not only Superman but also Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.

It's just such a bizarre concept.

Last edited:

ripeavocado

Banned
Don’t know, looks it could have been a cool game without all that licensed superhero cringe.

The risk it may be another derivative game is very high and graphically is ok so literally have no incentive to look forward for it.

VN1X

Banned
I can't believe there are people in this thread trying to poke holes in the supposed 'logic' in a super hero entity lol.

As if no crazy, super natural, ridiculous stuff happens in the Arkham games or any other comicbook based media.

Who gives a fuck if the Suicide Squad isn't on the same powe level as the Justice League? They'll make some shit up (Harley's bat is made out of kryptonite or whatever) and that's your justification for the plot.

I'm a jaded cynical bastard when it comes to videogames but I'm glad I'm not THAT anal when it comes to stupid details like that. The gameplay looks top tier and that's all that matters.

GymWolf

If i can play the whole game as the shark guy i'm in, especially if flash is modeled after ezra fucking miller, can't wait to break his jaw.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Well, I mean, are there any Deadshot fans out there? Anyone have a Boomerang or King Shark poster on their wall growing up?
The Suicide Squad is a fast growing IP in the mainstream given the success of the James Gunn reboot so it's actually the perfect moment to capitalise.

Also it's easy to go the easy route and make a Batman game, I commend Rocksteady for trying something new, they're a great studio who would have done this because they wanted to, not because some execs made them. The game looks like a great time, let's just hope it ain't a shoddy live service type deal under the cover.

Top Bottom