• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Co-Op Gameplay - “No Matter the Cost” ( Game releases on 05-26-23)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Stop The Flash and rescue Lex Luthor in the process. No matter the cost. Check out the first official look at 4-player #Co-op #Gameplay for #SuicideSquadGame in this exclusive Sony State of Play trailer as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark combine their unique traversal abilities, gunplay, melee, tactics, and teamwork to face off against waves of Brainiac’s corrupted soldiers and take down a huge techno-organic artillery gun that has been phased into Metropolis. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is available May 26, 2023 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League FAQ: Yes, an internet connection is required to play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League solo or via online co-op.​

Last edited:

Holammer

That's precisely what I wanted when I played the Arkham games.

waynes-world-5.jpg

Bragr

Banned
The footage is weird, it's hard to judge how it plays. The cutscenes and characters look awesome, but I suspect it needs some great review scores to get the hype going.

It's so weird to see all the characters swinging and flying around like Spider-Man. Almost like they took too many liberties.

But I trust Rockstar, and they usually have some really cool stories and characters.

T4keD0wN

At least the movement looks somewhat fun, but i really hope Rocksteady dont meet the same fate as Bioware and Crystal Dynamics.

SJRB

Gold Member
I am legit shocked at how bad this looks. I actually feel bad right now.

I love Rocksteady and I think they are a god-tier game studio with a tracklist that is still considered a pinnacle in videogame development but man, almost everything about this game looks terrible.

This is going to be a disaster for Rocksteady, mark my words.

What the fuck happened?

That woman describing Bane's gearset made me laugh out loud. I think she was describing Schumacher's version of Bane? Lol
x24sjcyb77c51.jpg

As for the gameplay, it's most definitely not what I expected, but I have faith in Rocksteady to deliver a fun experience with amazing attention to detail for hardcore DC fans, like they always have.

Last edited:

SCB3

I love Rocksteady and I think they are a god-tier game studio with a tracklist that is still considered a pinnacle in videogame development but man, almost everything about this game looks terrible.

What the fuck happened?
Exactly my thoughts, I love the DC universe and the Arkham games and I really don't wanna play this, and I played and liked Gotham Knights

kuncol02

Banned

What the fuck happened?
GaaS happened.

Another franchise and developer ruined by chasing the Game as a Service business model.

I'm sure this will go directly into subscription services so they can try to start bleeding money from you, so you can actually enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Bridges

Surprised to hear they're planning to add new characters to this post-launch.

Definitely going to get this, I trust it'll be fun, but it's a pretty weird jump for the studio

kaizenkko

They completely mischaracterize the characters, they all look exactly the same, but worse, they all look like some kind of Spider-Man. How can a Boomerang Captain who doesn't use a Boomerang as his main weapon? Or a King Shark that keeps jumping and gliding through the air?

Seriously...

Sygma

cant wait to see the boss fights with that traversal jesus. The closed beta feedback has been glowing so far, and honestly between this and traditional coop shooters where you're pretty much funneled through corridors or set pieces or "locked arenas", theres a world of difference that I can't wait to dive in. Looks like The Division on LSD and I'm all for it. Just praying that there is no "outpost" system and that an additional difficulty is unlocking when you finish the story, with endgame gear to get and one raid boss or something

Can be huge if done right

Last edited:

SCB3

They completely mischaracterize the characters, they all look exactly the same, but worse, they all look like some kind of Spider-Man. How can a Boomerang Captain who doesn't use a Boomerang as his main weapon? Or a King Shark that keeps jumping and gliding through the air?

Seriously...
My favorite line in this was the dev who said "We've spent time perfecting the swinging for Harley and its fun to swing around as her" and I was like, its Harley Fucking Quinn not Spiderman ffs

Rocksteady was one of my favourite devs to emerge in the last few years. What they achieved on 360/PS3 and PS4/XB1 has been great.

This , looks....off

Visually, I’m not seeing anything that couldn’t of been achieved on PS4, in fact given Rocksteadys pedigree particularly with Arkham Knight which I thought was impressive given the hardware , this is a disappointment.

And then we have that Battle pass nonsense, yes it’s cosmetics however I love customisations for characters and this sort of shite to unlock stuff is jarring to say the least.

I’ll certainly be holding off a first week purchase and see how it turns out.

It’s no wonder some people flock to Sony’s first party stuff because of the lack of service garbage.

Last edited:

SCB3

Rocksteady was one of my favourite devs to emerge in the last few years. What they achieved on 360/PS3 and PS4/XB1 has been great.

This , looks....off

Visually, I’m not seeing anything that couldn’t of been achieved on PS4, in fact given Rocksteadys pedigree particularly with Arkham Knight which I thought was impressive given the hardware , this is a disappointment.

And then we have that Battle pass nonsense, yes it’s cosmetics however I love customisations for characters and this sort of shite to unlock stuff is jarring to say the least.

I’ll certainly be holding off a first week purchase and see how it turns out.

It’s no wonder some people flock to Sony’s first party stuff because of the lack of service garbage.
They all try to be Destiny without realising the main points of Destiny is the fucking great gameplay and story telling/world building

Sygma

I could see this game doing better than people think it will, it actually looks like a solid co-op game.

it is and graphically speaking its miles above what you see in a badly compressed 1080p video without hdr. And weirdly enough its also a very solid looter.

Honestly im just laughing at some takes here, you'll see the same people playing Diablo IV but it will be cool because its not the continuity of arkham, despite being a looter too

Mossybrew

Eh, I dunno about all the purple glowy shit and overall look of the game especially during combat. Meh. I should really wait for sale on this one but I might become weak.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks pretty fun IMO. It's like a Crackdown/Sunset Overdrive type game with high mobility and COOP.

Wouldn't pay more than $30 for it but once it's on sale and if at least one friend is on board with it I could see myself giving it a try.

This is what happens when you don't give your core audience what they want. Just look at the reaction here.

Suicide Squad? Annoying af characters who appeal mostly to 15 year Olds.

Live service multi-player- going to be really tough to get around that for all of us who've loved their single player games in the past.

PS- it doesn't look bad but its disappointing none the less

What the fuck happened?
multiplayer...

also: this's just rocksteady in name only. arkham trilogy rocksteady it ain't...

Last edited:
Top Bottom