• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Co-Op Gameplay - “No Matter the Cost” ( Game releases on 05-26-23)

Varteras

Gold Member
Really feeling like Rocksteady is nowhere near as good as they were when they made the first two Arkham games. Because if you showed me Arkham City and this side by side, I'd say they were made by two different studios and the Arkham one was way more talented.

The problem with this typ of games is that its not just a 70-80 Dollar game anymore. Its a 280-320 Dollar game because u need 3 other friends who are also wanting to play the game online.

For me its doa
Not to mention the cost to maintain those friendships. Buying them beers and such.

Most expensive game ever?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm in because it's Rocksteady but this gameplay was boring and the game looks uninspired as fuck.

Damn.

FeralEcho

Yikes.
Should have done another Batman game.
Seriously! A Batman Beyond game with a young Terry Mcginnes continuing after the Arkham Knight ending would have literally printed them money but WB was like no,no,we no like no money here,we like to take our schlong that we are very insecure about and take a piss all over our fanbase cuz we know better than those lousy nerds.Well enjoy your genius WB cuz this looks like a new Avengers failure in the making.

kyussman

Telling me over and over again this game is part of your Arkhamverse isn't going to make me automatically run out and buy it Rockstar.This game has fuck all to do with those great Batman games I loved so much.It looks like every other neon glow multiplayer bullshit nonsense......fuck off.

They all try to be Destiny without realising the main points of Destiny is the fucking great gameplay and story telling/world building

Well said . Publishers don’t realise players only have so much time so they invest in what they regard to be the best options , all the while money is wasted on products that try to catch the trend but don’t add anything to attract the player away from something they have already invested significant time and money into.

Do you remember the 360 generation when Call of Duty really took off? There was attempt after attempt to catch on to that FPS multiplayer craze for a time that it ended up trailing off before the generation ended.

Now a lot of people are still chasing that Fortnite model in full price games but trying to ease people’s reservations by putting it on cosmetics.

I don’t like trends, developers making games for a template model of longevity/grind rather than just making a great game

Strategize

Looks like it could be fun, but certainly not 8 years since Arkham Knight worth of fun. If we got one more Batman game from them before this then fine...but really? 8 years for this?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honestly the main issue I see with Suicide Squad is the thing that's the core problem with all superhero media and properties these days.

Noone stops to ask themselves: "Is this too much ?"

Instead they just pile stuff up and up, way past the point of overkill. The end result is a deadening assault of mindless bombastic action and imagery.

Sygma

its funny to see so many people wanting new arkham games when you get the inferior version of them (Spiderman) selling much better. Don't think Rocksteady was up to continue especially after getting dunked on that much after AK either. Unlike the video game community, they moved on. Good for them

MiguelItUp

I feel like they could've done some more exciting things with the combat with each character, or something. Make their differences stand out more, more unique, etc. Even when they were talking about each character, what I was seeing onscreen look like there was little to no difference between each one.

The game could come out and be fine, but man, I dunno. The vibes I got reminded me of when we first saw Avengers, it's just a different type of game. Just doesn't bode well.

its funny to see so many people wanting new arkham games when you get the inferior version of them (Spiderman) selling much better. Don't think Rocksteady was up to continue especially after getting dunked on that much after AK either. Unlike the video game community, they moved on. Good for them
I'd like to think people didn't just want a reskinned Arkham. Because while Arkham was great and influential, especially at the time, we got enough of those games. They should do something different. This just.... honestly looks pretty soulless to me.

Internet required for solo play

FxNsUsS.png

Sure, they should have done a single player Batman/Superman game

But this looks good. Reminds me of sunset overdrive, the story and cut scenes look especially great. Writing is pretty good too

Sygma

I feel like they could've done some more exciting things with the combat with each character, or something. Make their differences stand out more, more unique, etc. Even when they were talking about each character, what I was seeing onscreen look like there was little to no difference between each one.

The game could come out and be fine, but man, I dunno. The vibes I got reminded me of when we first saw Avengers, it's just a different type of game. Just doesn't bode well.

I'd like to think people didn't just want a reskinned Arkham. Because while Arkham was great and influential, especially at the time, we got enough of those games. They should do something different. This just.... honestly looks pretty soulless to me.

yeah thats fine honestly, but as I said the closed beta feedback of Squad so far has been nothing but glowing because unlike Anthem, Avengers and all the failed games inbetween, the game has solid itemisation / customisation and of course gameplay. being disappointed that WB refused projects from Rocksteady since AK is something else entirely. The game is good

like let that sink in : it has a better looting aspect than Division, Anthem (lol but still), Avengers and other games. Fans of the genre will like it, others will pass its that simple

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I don't think the game looks bad.

I just don't think it was what we was expecting.

As I assume none of us was expecting a third person shooter.

it is and graphically speaking its miles above what you see in a badly compressed 1080p video without hdr. And weirdly enough its also a very solid looter.

Honestly im just laughing at some takes here, you'll see the same people playing Diablo IV but it will be cool because its not the continuity of arkham, despite being a looter too
I would prefer a next-gen batman or JL single player game. But based on what this game is suppose to be it actually looks more interesting than the other Gaas games I've seen.

Its launching between Zelda tears of the kingdom and Street Fighter 6 so they have to be feeling confident lol

Last edited:

Sygma

I would prefer a next-gen batman or JL single player game. But based on what this game is suppose to be it actually looks more interesting than the other Gaas games I've seen.

Its launching between Zelda tears of the kingdom and Street Fighter 6 so they have to be feeling confident lol

yeah its going to be rough not gonna lie but if it has good WoM and good reviews ... you know the story

Solarium

Neo Member
I would say it's not just because it's a third-person shooter, but because it looks like an atypical coop game that literally anyone could develop

Arkham had a distinctive Rocksteady vibe

scoobs

seems like a lot of shooting purple weak points. Concerning showing gameplay-wise, the cinematics were amazing.

Everything wrong with modern AAA game can be seen watching that trailer. That looked like a bad mix of a bunch of games. Easy avoid. Even some of the team couldn’t convince themselves that it was good.

Denton

Welp, that looks dreadful.

It is crazy seeing the contrast between the style and creativity of what I am currently playing (Atomic Heart) and what I saw in this Suicide Squad trailer.

Croga

Generic 3rd person shooter with absolutely trash looking traversal, everyone floating around in mid air emptying clips of ammo into bland looking enemy fodder and turrets / tanks with glowy weak spots...

Wtf is this shit? To go from the Arkham games to this is a fucking travesty.

VN1X

Banned
Not sure what I'm missing here that makes the general reception so poorly received? The animation work looks fantastic and it seems they've done a terrific job of making the movement & combat both fun and interesting.

I guess people really wanted a fifth Arkham game where it was just really more of the same? In any case I'll be all over this (unless it launches at 70EU which in that case I'll wait lol).

Last edited:
I bet the original pitch for this game was that rumor that it was a 4 player co-op TMNT game and that Shredder and his clan took over New York.

Not sure what I'm missing here that makes the reception here being so poorly received? The animation work looks fantastic and it seems they've done a terrific job of making the movement & combat both fun and interesting.

I guess people really wanted a fifth Arkham game where it was just really more of the same? In any case I'll be all over this (unless it launches at 70EU which in that case I'll wait lol).
Honestly I think it's the entire concept and art style, and also Gotham Knights unfortunately releasing before it. People were still positive on the idea of a co-op DC game before Gotham Knights came out. After the game came and went, they kind of don't want it anymore.

Last edited:

Seyken

What baffles me is that it looks like an actual polished and even fun game but...the Suicide Squad? Really? You have the whole DC catalogue available to you and that's who you choose? If this game flops I'm blaming that decision.

This is what Gotham Knights should've been and it would most certainly have been a hit.

Ultra Donny

Soulless was my first thought. It's a scraped gaas concept just like Gotham nights, or? I was super hyped for this, but it doesn't looks like a game I would like. Fuck.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What baffles me is that it looks like an actual polished and even fun game but...the Suicide Squad? Really? You have the whole DC catalogue available to you and that's who you choose? If this game flops I'm blaming that decision.

This is what Gotham Knights should've been and it would most certainly have been a hit.
Nah gotham knights is a true sp game. It is way better than this gaas trash.

Top Bottom