• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League officially delayed to Spring 2023

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
empty GIF

Project Runway Crying GIF

Last edited:
How is this studio still up and running? Who is paying them, their bills, their salaries? Arkham Knight, the last game, was released in 2015...7 years ago, and now they keep delaying this over and over and honestly not the kind of game that would sell big bucks. Eh, well good luck to them but I doubt this project is any good.

TVexperto

How is this studio still up and running? Who is paying them, their bills, their salaries? Arkham Knight, the last game, was released in 2015...7 years ago, and now they keep delaying this over and over and honestly not the kind of game that would sell big bucks. Eh, well good luck to them but I doubt this project is any good.
i also dont get it ... imagine being a company and not earning significant amount of money for 7 years..

This game is being delayed because WB games wants to space out their big games. In a year with Gotham Knights and Hogwarts Legacy, this game really doesn't need an urgent release. I appreciate more polish.

Last edited:
Unlike most other game studios, I'm sure Warner Bros takes care of their developers between releases. It's not everyday that a game developer has a major film company behind them.

Last edited:
WB is not a saint lmfao. Rocksteady is not giving WB any income, just bleeding money and talent.
Lol why would they have to be saintly to back their games division? That is simple business, not religion or goodwill. Rocksteady has been developing their game for years, I'm sure they're financially fine or we wouldn't be hearing from them. To each his own. 🙄

Astral Dog

Its weird i thought this game was already 2023 months ago, with GK releasing on october it doesn't make sense to launch them so close

Fbh

Damn, assuming this doesn't get delayed again it will launch nearly 8 years after their previous game. This is going to have to sell A LOT to turn a profit.

Weird, I thought they already did that a while back.

There was a rumor some time ago, but now we've got confirmation.

Either WB is seeing A LOT of potential in the game ....or it's just sunk cost fallacy.
Rumors were saying it's not a GaaS after all, but I seriously doubt WB of all publishers would support them for so long if they don't see big potential for monetization.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Arkham Knight was 7 years ago kek. There's taking your time and then there's whatever has gone horribly wrong with this game. This delay is better than another Cyberpunk tho sure.

Papacheeks

Banned
So how again is Sony delivering games? Sounds like workflow issues all around industry impacted by all working remotely. Possible a lot of people are behind. I mean thats a super long delay we are not even half way through 2022 yet.

Astral Dog

Really? bro the Arkham games are the most succesful, critically acclaimed superhero games(other than maybe Spider Man), their impact has been huge in the industry for years, of course WB will pay their bills for whatever they are cooking.

Speaking of, i normally don't think much of most western games but Batman Arkham trilogy is simply amazing, beautifully designed games, you can tell they took inspiration from Metroid as they said, combat is simple but satisfying to master, full of secrets, outstanding art, moody music, VA its a treasure to any Batman fan but also can appeal to most gamers. Rocksteady is a great studio.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I'm a lot more interested in that Gotham Knights game, personally.

So this isn't a big deal for me.
Gotham Knights sounds like "classic Rocksteady Batman bloated with a bunch of features no one really wanted".
Of the two I'd be incline to believe this new Rocksteady game will be the product of higher quality.

Incidentally it will also be a title in a genre (GAAS four-men co-op shooter) I couldn't give less of a fuck about.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Gotham Knights sounds like "classic Rocksteady Batman bloated with a bunch of features no one really wanted".
Of the two I'd be incline to believe this new Rocksteady game will be the product of higher quality.

Incidentally it will also be a title in a genre (GAAS four-men co-op shooter) I couldn't give less of a fuck about.

Isn't that what this is too, more or less?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I always thought that WB wanted to stagger Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad by 6 months so they don't cannibalize each other anyways. As soon as I saw that Knights was set for October, I just figured this was going to be the result. I'm really looking forward to both!

Sentenza

Isn't that what this is too, more or less?
What's "this" in your question, exactly?
Because if it's Suicide Squad you mean, then... Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

What I said can be summarized in: "I expect Gotham Knights to be bad and Suicide Squad to be good in a genre I don't care for".

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What's "this" in your question, exactly?
Because if it's Suicide Squad you mean, then... Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

What I said can be summarized in: "I expect Gotham Knights to be bad and Suicide Squad to be good in a genre I don't care for".

Ah, I thought you were talking about Knights.

But yeah, neither sounds like anything I'd be interested in.

KXVXII9X

While I understand and prefer Devs to delay their games, I find it frustrating how many actual current-gen only games have been delayed, shown barely any gameplay, or turn into cross-gen.

MiguelItUp

We still don't even know how this game is really going to play, and we haven't seen any footage, so at this point nothing of value was lost, haha.

proandrad

I can’t imagine a suicide squad game being able to recoup 8 years of development cost. They should have just made another Batman game.

Top Bottom