• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Summoning Salt] The History of Mega Man 2 World Records

Yes, summoning salt has a talent to make engaging content, even if you're not invested in speeding running or the particular game he is covering! He makes some killer content.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The dedication of speedrunners is insane.
You could hardly pay me to replay a game under these conditions 2 times in a row, let alone 11 hours on a Sunday.

Cyghfer was one of the coolest people back when GDQ was a great show. I watched one of his GDQ runs live and while I’d seen all the world records that far, he still blew my mind.

Moonjt9

The madman made a damn feature length documentary. Absolute gold, too. Salt had me cheering and on the edge of my seat watching Cyghfer’s story. Best content on YouTube for sure.

Paltheos

Good video. I watched it yesterday. As usual, SS weaves a compelling drama of speedrunning competition. I like his inclusion of a graph crossing dates with world record holders and runners this time.

I'm also glad he decided to produce a video on a not-Mario Kart/Super Mario/miscellaneous Nintendo game. I assume that all the contacts that he builds while producing these videos makes it easier to create more content on the same tracks, but it's nice to see it mixed up, even a little (yeah sure Mega Man 2 is a game on the Nintendo Entertainment System but it still feels different enough from his last... 10 videos)

Last edited:
Top Bottom