• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 - Render96 Ray Tracing + Level Showcase

nkarafo

Donkey Kong Country renders next

rXEi5uh.jpeg

Ex2pDwzWgAcxiKX.jpg:large

minecart2.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

AuUSrkV.jpg

Last edited:
Througout the afternoon I was thinking and this aesthetic would probably be good for a Ocarina of Time remaster project. It's the demo that the Majora Mask team did shortly after Majora Mask launched, with Gamecube in mind. Concept was basically Ocarina of Time Link and Ganon battling it out after OoT and MM.

Call it "Render00" perhaps :)

Link2000.png.webp
spaceworldganon.png

Looks good to this day, IMO along with little details of things they wouldn't do this way today.
Donkey Kong Country renders next

rXEi5uh.jpeg

Ex2pDwzWgAcxiKX.jpg:large

minecart2.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

AuUSrkV.jpg
There was a very nice video published by some guys that had a lot of assets made from the ground made to mimic the aesthetic.

Not good enough for a proper release but a lot of work for a single video.

Last edited:

Danknugz

people love to shit on this style but back in the 90s the silicon graphics workstations were super expensive i think maybe close to 100k for one and rare was way ahead of its time (for video games anyway, toy story and other disney animation studios i believe were also using sgi workstations) even though most was prerendered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom