• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog but it's 3D

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After turning the original Sonic the Hedgehog into a 3D game, I decided to try and do the same thing with the original Super Mario Bros. This time I actually made all the models myself by using voxel art to turn Super Mario Bros into a 3D game.

I Made Sonic the Hedgehog but it's 3D. . . I played the original Sonic the Hedgehog games all the time while I was growing up, and wanted to see what it would look like if it was remade as a 3D game. In this video, I recreated the Green Hill Zone level.

Also, I realized after finishing the video that Sonic Adventure 2 Battle did something similar, but I didn’t realize this because in order to play that level, apparently you needed to 100% the game with all A ranks. So uh, yeah I didn’t know that. Although some things do seem a little different in that version compared to the original.

Thanks mods for the title change
Happy Bless You GIF

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned

After turning the original Sonic the Hedgehog into a 3D game, I decided to try and do the same thing with the original Super Mario Bros. This time I actually made all the models myself by using voxel art to turn Super Mario Bros into a 3D game.

It’s really interesting. Doesn’t look fun to play in 3D at all.
You know Nintendo probably built prototypes just like this back in the day while figuring out how to move Mario into 3D.
Makes me appreciate Mario 3D Land and World even more in translating the feel of the 2D traversal from the older games into 3D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom