• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros Movie Gets All-Star Cast

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Jack Black as Bowser just sounds perfect!!
I keep thinking Jack Black as Wario and Charles Martinet possibly acting as a voice director. I'm not sure who he'd play in the cast but it would make sense to hire him as the voice director if it's going to be animated.

I might watch it regardless I guess.

It’s too WOKE for me. Norwegian playing a Sicilian?!
Couldn’t they make a Hood Classic Byens Helter movie with Chris Pratt?

Couldnt they have hired guappo Steve Buscemi to play Mario?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Day's appearance on Kimmel's show can be seen in the clip below where the pair discussed the Super Mario movie among other topics. He confirmed that he was indeed working on the movie and that he'd just finished doing some recordings the day of his talk with Kimmel, but that was about all he could say on the topic.

"I'm playing Luigi," Day reiterated after his role was announced months ago alongside the rest of the movie's main cast. "In fact, I just was recording that this morning, and I'd love to tell you all about it, but they are top secret with this stuff."

When asked if he'd read through the script, Day continued to say "I know nothing" and that he was just instructed to say different things during the recordings. One would think that with Luigi being Mario's brother that Day had interacted and recorded with Chris Pratt, the actor who'll be portraying Mario in the movie, but Day said that wasn't the case. He continued to say that he and the others would go in one at a time and that they were split up from each other.

Top Bottom