• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe = $19.99 @ ebgames.com

Flo_Evans

isn't the cube version better? or is this a strait port? this is one of those games I've been meaning to get, but I am a lazy bastard.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Flo_Evans said:
isn't the cube version better? or is this a strait port? this is one of those games I've been meaning to get, but I am a lazy bastard.
It has levels that aren't in the GCN versions.

Alcibiades

Fuzzy said:
It has levels that aren't in the GCN versions.
don't be fooled into thinking more level = better game...

I've heard that the game fits the GCN analog stick better and Sega removed some of the sound effects that made the gameplay better in the 1p mode...

Solid

Flo_Evans said:
isn't the cube version better?
hell no.

Compilation/re-release of the GameCube classics for Xbox and PlayStation 2. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe features more than 300 different stages. The developers took all 114 levels from the original Super Monkey Ball, 140 from Super Monkey Ball 2, and added 46 exclusive boards made specifically for the PS2/Xbox Deluxe edition. There is also an all-new Challenge mode that slowly guides players through beginner, intermediate, and advanced obstacles instead of dividing the difficulty settings into different sections. Additionally, the Story Mode will boast extra stages not seen before, and all 12 party games from both GameCube Super Monkey Balls are included to make sure that Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is also the definitive multiplayer installment in the franchise.

segasonic

Alcibiades said:

I've heard that the game fits the GCN analog stick better and Sega removed some of the sound effects that made the gameplay better in the 1p mode...
Yep, game is totally unplayable w/o the nooks of the GC controller!

*rolleyes*

Alcibiades said:

Plus, you know... purple shadows.

Alcibiades

I never said it was "totally unplayable" or even insinuated anything of the sort... just that some that have played both have preferred the GCN version...

Solid: all 12 party games from both GameCube Super Monkey Balls are included.

All the games are unlocked at the start, too. That's worth it.

Top Bottom