• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Nintendo World Coming to the US at Universal Studios Hollywood in 2023

ManaByte

Gold Member

Super Nintendo World is set to open at Universal Studios Hollywood in 2023, the theme park announced Thursday.

The immersive gaming-inspired attraction will be the first Super Nintendo World to open in the United States, after first debuting in Japan in 2021.

The immersive land will feature a ride and interactive areas, as well as themed shopping and dining locations, Universal Studios officials said in a news release.

The theme park did not share details on what the ride will be like.

From the construction, it looks like it's the same ride as in Japan but they won't say for sure if it is or not.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The Japan one has had alot of issues. Hopefully all that will be ironed out for the us opening.

PhaseJump

Banned
They'll announce an opening date, actually open 6 months before that without telling anyone and shut it down two years later.

That's Saturn, which is a world already.

Genesis was what broke Nintendo's dominance and beat the Super Nintendo for a few years. It's also that awesome and deadly climate changing world where zombie Spock was crying like a bitch with growing pains, and Captain Kirk was blowing Enterprises up. I think there's a bible story or two about it. Bow your head and show some respect you mutant.

tumblr_mplspbxvMV1r6eom6o2_r1_500.gif

Last edited:
I know you shouldn't go by YouTube videos but I was watching the Super Mario Kart ride at the Super Nintendo World in Japan and it looks extremely disappointing.

I actually wonder if they're going to make any improvements to the US version?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Oh, nice. It's going up in ShittyWood. I'll take a trip down there to check it out, in 2023.
Otherwise, I've only been to US once, and didn't even care for it. Seems like a glorified walk, imo.

Mattyp

Gold Member
I'm just going to say it...

Sega Genesis World would be better.

It’s megadrive but I agree with you.

I’ve been to every Universal in the world (every Disney Park in the world also actually) haven’t managed to get back to Japan yet with their continual border closures but will check it out there before LA.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this special travel vlog, Game Informer's Alex Van Aken and Brian Shea tour Super Nintendo World while visiting Osaka, Japan. The pair show off everything the park offers, including Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, Toad's Cafe, Yoshi's Adventure, and a final battle against Bowser Junior. Universal Studios' rendition of the Mushroom Kingdom is magical and easily the best theme park we've experienced.

FYI: Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that the first Super Nintendo World U.S. location is opening in February 2023.

I heard on the radio that they're running out of reservations for Super Nintendo World. I don't even remember that happening with that Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.

jigglet

Banned
Please fill the gift shop with good paraphernalia.

I've been to the Nintendo World Store in NYC and the Pokemon Centre in Japan about a dozen times and it's always full of shit.

Oddly, the kids clothes are generally subtle and understated, something an adult would wear.

The adults clothes are always huge garish pictures of Mario that span the entire shirt.

That simple shirt Miyamoto used to wear to E3 with the Nintendo logo and nothing else was only ever available in kids sizes. Seriously.

The only thing I ever got that I thought was understated and really cool to have were some Gen 1 Pokemon cuff links.

So much trash.

The Super Mario Bros cart ride really looked lame at the Japanese Super Nintendo World.

Has anyone experienced it in Universal Studios Hollywood?

Top Bottom