• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supermassive’s The Quarry Has 186 Endings, For Some Reason

fart town usa

Gold Member
I hope this game doesn't suck.

As most people say, Until Dawn is awesome. It absolutely nailed the teen slasher vibe but Man of Medan was honestly one of the worst narratives/acting I've experienced in gaming.

I'm hopeful that this game manages to be at the level that Until Dawn was.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

Hot Damn! Now that is some real replay value. 186 different endings? I KNOW I'm really going to enjoy this one. I didn't even hesitate when I pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

Could you imagine a movie made this way? Make choices during the show (however they would facilitate that), the highest vote determines the outcome of the movie. Imagine the profits it would generate as people would see the movie over and over again to see different endings. Now that's a revolutionary idea.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I hope this game doesn't suck.

As most people say, Until Dawn is awesome. It absolutely nailed the teen slasher vibe but Man of Medan was honestly one of the worst narratives/acting I've experienced in gaming.

I'm hopeful that this game manages to be at the level that Until Dawn was.
If you thought Man of Medan was bad then play Little Hope. WHEW that was bad. But House of Ashes was good. 👌

You misspelled tencent

Loki Reaction GIF

fart town usa

Gold Member
If you thought Man of Medan was bad then play Little Hope. WHEW that was bad. But House of Ashes was good. 👌
Damn.

I appreciate that though cause I've been really wanting to try out Little Hope. What a bummer.

I'll add house of Ashes to the wishlist on PS5. It's such a shame, Until Dawn isn't flawless, it's cliche as hell but it's just damn entertaining and I'm a huge horror fan so it just scratched that itch.

Notabueno

Banned
Are The Quarry and Until Dawn part of the Dark Picture Anthology?

What would be the difference between those franchises?

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I enjoyed Until Dawn, it is really cool. Feels like an horror movie from the 80s/90s.

However this amount of endings are slightly variations. If you have eight potential survivors, and all of them can end the game either alive or dead, you already have 256 endings considering all combinations (if my maths are not failing me :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

This.

Its like a SNES game.... 1 ending the main character color hair is Brown.... The second ending is the same, only change that the hair is blonde. 🙄

CosmicComet

Seriously play House of Ash. It surpasses Until Dawn for me. Just go in blind its amazing. DONT play Little Hope though.
No it doesn't.

I've played all the Dark Pictures games and Little Hope is the only good one. Man of Medan sucked and Houses of Ashes was above average (although the Iraqi soldier Salim probably was my favorite Supermassive character thus far).

But graphically House of Ashes is really good and surpasses Until Dawn. Especially the rock textures.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Are The Quarry and Until Dawn part of the Dark Picture Anthology?

What would be the difference between those franchises?
No.

The Quarry is it’s own game, same with Until Dawn.

Dark Pictures is its own anthology (which I have to play soon).

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Looking forward to it as I've really enjoyed their stuff since Until Dawn. My girl and I sometimes still do a few playthroughs occasionally to see the different events and endings, as well as the curator's cut stuff. I don't get the hate for individual episodes though, imho they(games in the DP Anthology) share roughly the same budget and feel throughout. I'm guessing its down to whether some stories, characters and scenarios click with people. I think the uncanny valley c-b movie feel is part of the charm.

anthony2690

Banned
Hot Damn! Now that is some real replay value. 186 different endings? I KNOW I'm really going to enjoy this one. I didn't even hesitate when I pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

Could you imagine a movie made this way? Make choices during the show (however they would facilitate that), the highest vote determines the outcome of the movie. Imagine the profits it would generate as people would see the movie over and over again to see different endings. Now that's a revolutionary idea.
That would be pretty cool idea, in the cinema have a vote system, would make for a pretty unique viewing experience and could encourage potential repeat visits.

More I think about it, I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already.

Top Bottom