• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survey ranks intelligence of gamers according to platform and games played

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJUMP23

How is the IQ of people that post on message boards compared to those that make threads on gaming message boards. We are all Mensa members in our own minds I assume.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Highest IQ by game
Rainbow Six Siege120.3
Among Us118.9
Minecraft116.3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare111.2
FIFA106.5
Fall Guys105.8
Animal Crossing104.8
Fortnite103.6
The Sims103.6
Mario Kart99.9
GTA Online99.6
Assassins Creed99.6
Rocket League99.3
Candy Crush Saga96.4
Angry Birds95.8

En1ZU8pVkAEtjr1

CFW3Rp8.jpg

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That super scientific survey is nice and all and works great to further an agenda, OP, but since this is a gaming forum it's good to know that Xbox gamers excel at what's really important.

Exede

They tested just 1001 people... the evidence of this study is trash. Like bottom tier, the next worse study would be a persons personal opinion on peoples IQ of persons playing Doom on a calculator or pregnancy test.

That super scientific survey is nice and all and works great to further an agenda, OP, but since this is a gaming forum it's good to know that Xbox gamers excel at what's really important.

Wait, they didn't even have them play a game, though, they just clicked on targets? WTF.

Also, it says they were measured for speed and accuracy but we only get accuracy results?

Also, the only link in the article goes nowhere?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Wait, they didn't even have them play a game, though, they just clicked on targets? WTF.

Also, it says they were measured for speed and accuracy but we only get accuracy results?

I see you only question the validity of this survey by LG.

Am I to assume the survey in the OP administered the Stanford-Binet test to all participants as part of their scientific methodology?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Am I to assume the survey in the OP administered the Stanford-Binet test to all participants as part of their scientific methodology?
UNRELATED!

Did you kill off Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity to assume the MS crown?

It takes a very high IQ to work through all the stupid issues PC games have, you know.
For the survey they asked people WHY they used each console as well and every time an XBOX gamer said "it's the one my friends got" they were docked IQ points, lol.
You guys might be worried about this survey but in another week we'll be getting the sister survey, which gamers are COOLEST.
LOL Rocket League is for low IQ, hahahahahahaha, eat shit nerds! SURVEY SAYS SO, I AM THE SMART!

btw... better link...

They can afford it because of their lucrative jobs as rocket scientists.

I'm not sure my post history in this thread is me taking the survey seriously, but you do you! And again, there's no valid link to the survey you're citing, they're both dumb but one actually exists!

Last edited:

Neff

People who enjoy all systems and don't feel the need to indulge subtle shade-throwing at consoles perceived to be direct rivals of their favourite brand have the highest IQ of all

A report said so

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
*Reads thread title*
*Sees OP username*
"hmm this will have Playstation on top of Xbox or it wouldn't be posted¨

Yep, there it is. Good job OP.
To be fair I don't think anybody with a functionning brain would take this survey seriously, however if you wipe sitting or standing now that would show your IQ in a realistic way.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Well well

I have a PC and ps4.

Btw, another survey found that xbox players are the most toxic online

I agree but I think it boils down to the way the xbox UI works, you can easily see the people you've just played with, each and everyone and then select them and send a toxic on message. On Playstation you have to make the effort to write down or memorize the ID of the person you want to abuse.

I play the same game on both consoles and I receive waaay more toxicity on xbox, I presume due to this. Whenever I get a message on PS though, holy hell that person is way more toxic than the usual people on xbox.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
That explains why some people think that is so hard to click on "next" buttons on video driver auto updates.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Sounds good to me. PCMR is truly the best. Even science says so lol
Nintendo players slower because we only get 30fps. Once switch pro come out. We be da best. Yeah. Where science be then ? Hinnnnggmmmm

I’m waiting for another survey claiming mobile gamers are the ones with higher IQ and PC players are lowest.
The melt downs will be faster and ray traced

Last edited:

karasu

How are you going to gauge my intelligence by what I do when I specifically want to come down from a day of hard thinking and decision making? It's like measuring my intelligence by what I decide to drink when I want to be shitfaced. The point is to be shitfaced; not tested. @_@

geordiemp

"A new study claims that people who own a PlayStation are smarter than Xbox owners.
It might seem a bit strange, but the report - which was compiled by Royal Panda - discovered that 'PlayStation gamers were found to be cognitively superior to their Xbox playing counterparts'.
This might seem like a bit of a cheap dig, but let's have a look into the facts and figures of this study - which we're sure was exhaustive and scientifically rigorous, of course - to see what they actually did.
Well, they took 1,001 gamers and gave them all a test to assess their cognitive skills. That test looked at four particular areas that are key indicators of intelligence.

They looked at the participants' verbal intelligence, mathematical ability, visual reasoning and logical reasoning to build up a profile of their overall intellect.
Before they took these tests, the gamers were asked about their gaming habits. The data from all the answers and results were compared together to establish the IQ levels for players of both different consoles - and players of specific games.
It found that Xbox users simply aren't as smart as PlayStation users.

PC gamers averaged an IQ of 112.3, whereas PlayStation gamers - in second place - averaged 110.7.

In third, there were Xbox users with an average IQ score of 103.8.
Lagging behind them were users of the Nintendo Switch (101.3) and finally mobile device gamers (99.4).
Make of that what you will.
In terms of the games that are played by the smartest - as far as this study goes anyway - Rainbow Six Siege gamers came top with an IQ score of 120.3, whereas Among Us players ranked at 118.9 IQ points."

Further details in the article.

If you ask Riky Riky , if you have a VRR TV your IQ is higher :messenger_beaming:

radewagon

I'd like to pick apart what makes this survey unreliable, but as a Playstation gamer, I lack the mental faculties needed to do such a thing.

geordiemp

Are these the high IQ posts I came to this thread for?

You came for a laugh - as did I

There is a margin of error in the assumptions > the difference between gaming systems most likely. We also dont know if there was any detectable bias in the way data was sampled or collected...

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
How are you going to gauge my intelligence by what I do when I specifically want to come down from a day of hard thinking and decision making? It's like measuring my intelligence by what I decide to drink when I want to be shitfaced. The point is to be shitfaced; not tested. @_@
Yes the more dumb you test the smarter you were to start with. Playing Vidja makes you smarter by making you dumber. It majick like energy crystals, or magnets. If Shaggy 2 Dope can’t explain magnets. Good luck, I mean How do you expect scientists to?

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Install Gentoo. You now have high IQ.
Dont. Install Manjaro and use those brain cells for something productive.
Is it easier and faster than Ubuntu/Mint/Debian for gaming?

That's because they have two aim assists helping them while PS players have one and PC players none. :messenger_tongue:

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

They tested just 1001 people... the evidence of this study is trash. Like bottom tier, the next worse study would be a persons personal opinion on peoples IQ of persons playing Doom on a calculator or pregnancy test.
You can attack other parts of this study but 1000 people are quite a lot to get a result that is statistically sound. It’s when you start to drill down in groups smaller than 150-200 the variance is so big that results can be questioned.

Choosing the right panel of people is another matter. It should be “representative” of the group ie demographics. If the entire panel of Xbox players are recruited by a Doritos stand and PlayStation players are recruited through a gaming forum such as Neogaf (avg IQ of 147) the you also get skewed results.

But the number of people is sound unless you drill down in really small groups. Ie - going down on game level.

Kenpachii

It makes sense because PC gamers probably do a lot more thinking type of games then console gamers do like rts / builders / simulators.

Well i have Playstation too, but I have enjoyed my Xbox fam, who else would kill me and tea bag me, when I'm the only person saving the team and then vote to kick me.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

"A new study claims that people who own a PlayStation are smarter than Xbox owners.
It might seem a bit strange, but the report - which was compiled by Royal Panda - discovered that 'PlayStation gamers were found to be cognitively superior to their Xbox playing counterparts'.
This might seem like a bit of a cheap dig, but let's have a look into the facts and figures of this study - which we're sure was exhaustive and scientifically rigorous, of course - to see what they actually did.
Well, they took 1,001 gamers and gave them all a test to assess their cognitive skills. That test looked at four particular areas that are key indicators of intelligence.

They looked at the participants' verbal intelligence, mathematical ability, visual reasoning and logical reasoning to build up a profile of their overall intellect.
Before they took these tests, the gamers were asked about their gaming habits. The data from all the answers and results were compared together to establish the IQ levels for players of both different consoles - and players of specific games.
It found that Xbox users simply aren't as smart as PlayStation users.

PC gamers averaged an IQ of 112.3, whereas PlayStation gamers - in second place - averaged 110.7.

In third, there were Xbox users with an average IQ score of 103.8.
Lagging behind them were users of the Nintendo Switch (101.3) and finally mobile device gamers (99.4).
Make of that what you will.
In terms of the games that are played by the smartest - as far as this study goes anyway - Rainbow Six Siege gamers came top with an IQ score of 120.3, whereas Among Us players ranked at 118.9 IQ points."

Further details in the article.
All of these IQ statistics seem way too high for how fucking stupid most video game forums are.

IQ statistics are a hotbed of controversy and although this study is probably completely worthless, IQ discrepancies between segments of the *cough* public are a bigger problem than most people ever want to acknowledge. And a bigger reason for “inequality” than any social justice warrior would ever want to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom