• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Portable Docked mode - Orion UpSwitch

Banned

Indiegogo Campaign

-1080p
-11.6"
-Comes with a Battery
-HDMI in (can be used as a 1080p screen for any HDMI device)

o0irdgwhgl7urzf0knju.jpg

snap-in-controllers.gif

Weird idea but I kinda like it... if only it wasn't this bulky.
but the idea of having docked mode graphics as a handheld is pretty cool, especially for games that run at ungodly low resolutions in portable mode like Xenoblade 2 which is so fucking ugly in portable mode that it's almost unplayable... or Doom which is also below 480p in portable mode

Dream-Knife

Banned
I was thinking about larger switches the other day. A lot of people just play their system portably around the house, so a full tablet sized Switch wouldn't be a bad idea.

Pejo

if you wanna play games portable but with better graphics?
this is a great idea, just the way it is done is just too bulky lol
But like where? You going to take this with you on the train? No. You going to use it at home? Why not use the tv? You going to go take a shit with it? Good luck, I guess you have to sit it on the floor to wipe. Just seems useless.

AMSCD

But like where? You going to take this with you on the train? No. You going to use it at home? Why not use the tv? You going to go take a shit with it? Good luck, I guess you have to sit it on the floor to wipe. Just seems useless.
Yes you are correct. I don't know why Miyamoto thought this was a good idea.

Rykan

It's one of those things where I think it is cool it exists but it probably isn't very comfortable to hold and the gains for it are too minor to justify the costs.

You are not putting your devices down to wipe?!

ParaSeoul

People complained when Kid Icarus Uprising made them hold the 3DS with one hand,do you really think they're gonna like this

Enjay

Banned
Imagine paying for this only for nintendo to eventually patch the switch so that this won't work anymore.

Patrick S.

Banned
I'll just overclock my v1 console, but kinda cool for people who have newer consoles that can't do that I guess.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Well whomever made that "Orion" reveal trailer needs to be thrown around a bit. It's fucking annoying to watch.

FocusedWellinformedBantamrooster-max-1mb.gif

If their screen was OLED I'd seriously be interested in this. As of now, it's a missed opportunity

Top Bottom