• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Pro Launch- Post E3 What do we think?

When will the Switch Revision Launch ?

• This September - Bllomberg has to be right about something!

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • End of 2021 it's the only thing that makes sense.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • March 2022 to coincide with BOTW2

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Fall/winter 2022 to coincide with BOTW2

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Next year but not at the same time as BOTW2

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Switch Pro is scrapped. We'll get all new hardware in 18 months+

Votes: 44 35.2%

• Total voters

daveonezero

Banned
Because they're already confirmed to have discontinued that chip?

They're not gonna ramp production back up on X1s when they're already known to be building supply of the new chip. It really doesn't make sense. They're already building inventory on Switch Pro.

And if they had a lot of inventory they needed to sell though on the old units, then you could still push back the new one, but the fact is, with the present shortages, there's a pretty finite amount of OG Switches left and they're going to launch the new one when those run out.

They're not going to go half a year with no hardware on the shelf, and they're not going to start production back up on a discontinued unit.
Yeah you may be right about that.

they will just have to time it right and I don’t think it will be a huge upgrade just a replacement like you are saying. Added value or something to capture a bit more audience.

MachRc

I bet nintendo has a meter on it money printing machine.
once that meter goes down a certain threshold, it spins this nintendo wheel.
OXqvfn9.jpg

Just need to stop buying nintendo shit, and it will eventually land on the right sopt.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Switch Pro will be released when haters apologize to the Wii U and acknowledge it as the god-tier console that it is.

I still don't understand the point or the demand for a Switch Pro. The current Switch is selling well. Who gives a shit if games are boosted to a higher resolution? My dumb logic leads me to believe that the games would just look worse....? I thought nintendo games were timeless because of the art style and not because of advanced graphics and stuff like that.

Just seems like a waste of time and effort for a more advanced Switch, only for the Switch 2 to be released probably 18-24 months later.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yeah you may be right about that.

they will just have to time it right and I don’t think it will be a huge upgrade just a replacement like you are saying. Added value or something to capture a bit more audience.
If the leaks about the specs are to be believed it actually does seem like a generational leap in power, but to some extent the positioning is really more a matter of marketing and policy.

Like if they really market it as a "Pro", like a way to play the same games at better quality, then the software question is sort of a non issue. I have a feeling this may be how Nintendo treats it for first party stuff.

But hopefully they do allow exclusive games as well because there are a world of ports that are just impossible on Switch but might work on this.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Remember Wii HD?

It was speculation, and so is Switch Pro..

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Remember Wii HD?

It was speculation, and so is Switch Pro..
It's not speculation, we know about this the same way we knew about the Lite, largely because of leaks on the manufacturing and supply chain side.

Nintendo is manufacturing new systems to replace the old Switch SKU, and it uses a new chipset. Exact specs are speculation but we know it's coming.

Switch Pro will be released when haters apologize to the Wii U and acknowledge it as the god-tier console that it is.

I still don't understand the point or the demand for a Switch Pro. The current Switch is selling well. Who gives a shit if games are boosted to a higher resolution? My dumb logic leads me to believe that the games would just look worse....? I thought nintendo games were timeless because of the art style and not because of advanced graphics and stuff like that.

Just seems like a waste of time and effort for a more advanced Switch, only for the Switch 2 to be released probably 18-24 months later.

For me, it's not just for the increase in discernible resolution, but rather the ability to run my games at a more stable, or locked frame-rate. 4K docked mode, if true, it's just a bonus.

Top Bottom