• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remake Delayed Until March 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
To the shocking surprise of noone System Shock has been delayed, for the million time, again:

Now may.
Does this have a console release confirmed at all ?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Bro I kickstarted this shit in 2016. Estimated "delivery" was Dec 2017 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

At least you're gonna get something eventually, I Kickstarted this scam at 3am when I was hammered at Uni in October 2015

SJRB

Gold Member
thinking-tired.gif

Just announce a delay to December 2024 and release sooner when ready, instead of continuously delaying it for a couple of months.

What the fuck are you doing?

MiguelItUp

I swear I knew this was gonna happen, lmao. I stopped being excited about their "launch date" awhile ago. Hopefully this one stick, but who knows at this point. Probably best to just keep preparing for pushes.

GymWolf

To the shocking surprise of noone System Shock has been delayed, for the million time, again:

Now may.
Dude you jinxed it in the other topic:lollipop_squinting:

AndrewRyan

Which, the old ass demo or the one from a month ago?

I thought the new demo was fire, a lot of the fan base have good impressions of it.
The latest demo. Didn't play the original so only comparing it to modern games but the melee and shooting feel dated and wasn't fun. Glad it's delayed since I feel it would have been sent out to die in its current state.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Does this have a console release confirmed at all ?
Yes, console versions are confirmed in development, but still don't have a release window.
I like these guys, so I'm not going to talk shit...but goddamn. They are getting into Duke Nukem Forever territory at this point.
This is a pretty small delay, the game is in public beta, it's definitely very near done. In fact they easily COULD ship it in its current state, and a lot of games ship far rougher, so it's hard to get too mad at them for taking a little time for bug squashing.
By the time they release it the game will need a remaster to update graphics....
Luckily the game doesn't really aim for a modern aesthetic anyway, it's already a kind of stylized retro-flavored thing, so it hasn't really aged.

Just announce a delay to December 2024 and release sooner when ready, instead of continuously delaying it for a couple of months.

What the fuck are you doing?
They did a public beta and found bugs their internal testing didn't, and they need a few more weeks. That's really all it is.

Last edited:
Yes, console versions are confirmed in development, but still don't have a release window.

This is a pretty small delay, the game is in public beta, it's definitely very near done. In fact they easily COULD ship it in its current state, and a lot of games ship far rougher, so it's hard to get too mad at them for taking a little time for bug squashing.

Luckily the game doesn't really aim for a modern aesthetic anyway, it's already a kind of stylized retro-flavored thing, so it hasn't really aged.

They did a public beta and found bugs their internal testing didn't, and they need a few more weeks. That's really all it is.
How did you quote me but it's not what I wrote?

Top Bottom