• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (Let Us Cling Together) coming this November...

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
According to a leak on the PS store, Tactics Ogre: Reborn is hitting PS4/PS5 (other platforms unknown) on November 11th, 2022. According to my brief research, of the four Tactics Ogre games, this one is generally viewed as the best by fans. Reborn is getting a list of improvements that include...

+ HD graphics
+ Improved AI
+ Fully voiced cutscenes
+ Quicker paced battles
+ Autosave
+ Overhaul to UI and controls
+ Rerecorded music

TacticsOgre-Reborn_2022_07-25-22_001-1024x576.jpg

TacticsOgre-Reborn_2022_07-25-22_003-1024x576.jpg

TacticsOgre-Reborn_2022_07-25-22_004-1024x576.jpg

EDIT: Looks like we already have a thread. My bad.

Last edited:

bigedole

Very eager to know how they've changed the mechanics since it looks like TP doesn't exist, so maybe finishers are gone? Also holding out hope that crafting will be more user friendly.

bigedole

Warriors have MP in the screenshots, unlike in the PSP version. Maybe TP skills will cost MP now.
That would definitely make the game easier...guess we have to wait and see! I also can't decide if I'm sad or relieved that I don't need to do the "level my favorite chars through every class one by one" grind to max them out!

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
That would definitely make the game easier...guess we have to wait and see!
Not sure if it would change much. You'd still be reliant on waiting for a bar to fill before using those skills, if that is the case.

But the updated AI might make the game harder.

bigedole

Not sure if it would change much. You'd still be reliant on waiting for a bar to fill before using those skills, if that is the case.

But the updated AI might make the game harder.
Pretty easy to use potions to get MP though, and TP skills were one of the most direct routes to cheese challenging battles. At least you had to build up the TP...

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Pretty easy to use potions to get MP though, and TP skills were one of the most direct routes to cheese challenging battles. At least you had to build up the TP...
Yeah, but with the game being re-balanced, we have no idea how strong or weak the former TP skills - if they still exist - will be in this new version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom