• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn listing appears on PlayStation Store

To finalise the year of Tactics we need to get Shining Force 3 parts 1,2,3 officially released and Final Fantasy Tactics remaster/remake lol
5f22df4d312918824afb4ae54b0e9fd1.jpg

Voice acting is a great addition, but I wonder if the voice actors will be up to the task. I hope it’s closer to FFXII than Triangle Strategy.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
I didn't finish the game on PSP. Was pretty dull at the time, and I love this genre of game.

I'd be willing to give it another shot at some point. Voice acting might help.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Some observations based on screenshots:
- TP was removed.
- HP Digits can go up to 4 now, with all character's HP being significantly higher.
- Characters have their own elemental attribute, similar to how it was in the original game.
- Union Level is a new thing.

This implies a pretty large gameplay design/balance update.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
From what I remember, the game needs it.
Definitely, but the game's description is vague in that regard. It does mentions an "updated game design", but those specific changes show how deep that update may be.

We'll have, at least, completely new stat attribute values and perhaps even overhauled damage formulas; at least some changes to PSP's skill system (if nothing else, the elemental affinity will be changed, now that it is fixed per character, and the TP skills as well, now that TP is removed); and what have they done to the large amount of TP skills is a big question mark.

Last edited:

Ferdimage

- TP was removed.
- HP Digits can go up to 4 now, with all character's HP being significantly higher.
- Characters have their own elemental attribute, similar to how it was in the original game.

Hopefully they remove the Chariot system, it was too tempting not to use it.

I never played this franchise/game. Is it worth trying it out? I do enjoy titles such as XCOM and Gears Tactics. I've played a bit of Disgaea is this similar and better/worse?

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I never played this franchise/game. Is it worth trying it out? I do enjoy titles such as XCOM and Gears Tactics. I've played a bit of Disgaea is this similar and better/worse?
It's very much like the original Final Fantasy Tactics. It has a great story with IG decisions that will give you several possible endings and lots of customization for your heroes.
It's a great game though with oldschool graphics and UI, but this enhanced edition may be the best way to discover this old gem.

Last edited:
stealing from IBF

09/15 - Dragon Quest 10 Offline
09/22 - The DioField Chronicle
09/29 - Valkyrie Elysium
10/06 - NieR: Automata for Nintendo Switch
10/27 - Star Ocean 6
11/04 - Harvestella
11/11 - Tactics Ogre: Reborn
12/09 - Dragon Quest Treasures
I'm in for Harvestella. Need demos of DioField and Valkyrie E, but likely will be neck deep in Splatoon 3 at that time. I'm still playing Stranger in Paradise lol.

blackjon24

why won’t square just announce this game at this point lol us seeing all this information in the form of leaks is not the best way for the game to be shown

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Nice to see, I'll be adding another purchase to my list. Geez, Squeenix is doing work to snag my Spacebucks this year and into next.

GeekyDad

- TP was removed.

Yeah, TP gauge is gone, but I would have to imagine it's still there in the game. Those skills are pretty integral. And yeah, seems like they just changed the HP for no good reason. I mean, Denam with 335 max HP at level 1 is pretty fucking funny. :messenger_grinning: The elemental attribute, I hope, is just associated with armor/weapons because otherwise that seems like a step back (simplification), being another obvious exploit.

Top Bottom