• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiwan Restricts Russia, Belarus to CPUs Under 25 MHz Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Yes, because it's the entire world that is wrong. Not Russia.
The entire world ?
China, India, most Africa, Middle East (more than half of the world) keep their business with Russia...
Random non white people i speak with don't give a shit about Ukrain (don't say they're right), many people bombed by the west are even happy to see a proxy war between USA and Russia.

I don't give a shit about western or russian propaganda. Who is right ? Who is wrong ?
Don't give a shit honestly... But thinking the world is against Russia is naive. Western world and their satellites/partners/pets without a doubt...

Sanctions have an impact on Russia but they'll survive. I'm more concerned about Europe who will pay double the price the crappy US shale oil.
On that topic, US is hypocrite since they kept dealing/buying Russian oil while selling europe their crap...

The same shit happened in 2014.
EU sanctioned Russia (at the time, their economy was 50% oil,gas, 50% weapons).
After the sanctions Russia struggled hard for a few years and was forced to develop its agriculture.(now their economy is 33% oil, 33% weapons, 33% agriculture... Much more balanced and strong then).
Who suffered the most from the 2014 sanctions ? European farmers...

Fat Frog

That'll show'em.

Now, how about those concentration camps in China?

Awkward Cricket GIF
Speaking of which... 🤪😜

Western media a few years ago :

"All were charged with helping hundreds of Chinese immigrants apply for asylum using false tales of persecution."
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/nyregion/asylum-fraud-in-chinatown-industry-of-lies.html

Translation : "Chinese asylum seekers were ALL lying about their persecution to obtain a green card..."

Western media a few years later:

"Chinese asylum seekers are ALL telling the truth about the genocide of the uyghurs..."

I have seen a lot of pro and anti china articles but the truth is that it's pretty hard to tell what's going on into these camps.
Lies are everywhere in this world.

PS: This article was found by Michel Collon (journalist from belgium proving that it's easy to find false"proof" for persecution or anything)

Last edited:
I had a 25mhz ibm 386 SLC and it could even run doom (not full screen).
Ah, forgot you could make the view smaller to make it playable. At first I wanted to get a 386SX16 but I'm glad I had to wait six months longer and then could get a 386DX40. Don't remember if it was good enough for fullscreen Doom but Comanche was full speed.

JFC the whataboutism is getting tiresome. Russia started a war in Europe and they need to be put down like the dogs that they are.

Every time a Russian Czar gets imperialist dreams the rest of the continent has to put them back in their place.

The entire world ?
China, India, most Africa, Middle East (more than half of the world) keep their business with Russia...
Random non white people i speak with don't give a shit about Ukrain (don't say they're right), many people bombed by the west are even happy to see a proxy war between USA and Russia.

I don't give a shit about western or russian propaganda. Who is right ? Who is wrong ?
Don't give a shit honestly... But thinking the world is against Russia is naive. Western world and their satellites/partners/pets without a doubt...

Sanctions have an impact on Russia but they'll survive. I'm more concerned about Europe who will pay double the price the crappy US shale oil.
On that topic, US is hypocrite since they kept dealing/buying Russian oil while selling europe their crap...

The same shit happened in 2014.
EU sanctioned Russia (at the time, their economy was 50% oil,gas, 50% weapons).
After the sanctions Russia struggled hard for a few years and was forced to develop its agriculture.(now their economy is 33% oil, 33% weapons, 33% agriculture... Much more balanced and strong then).
Who suffered the most from the 2014 sanctions ? European farmers...
Are you russian, stupid or both?

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Ah, the comfortable opinion of someone miles away from a war zone.

Tanks for your contribution.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yes we can go as far a back in history to pick every head of state from every country to find countless of atrocities. The US for example is the only country to have used nuclear weapons to bomb civilians. Noice *clacks tongue*

No I'm talking about the ones relevant in the 21st century with modern warfare. Also it's funny you bring up Bush because as bad as he was, Barack "Drone Strikes" Obama was even worse. F's in the chat.

How about we restrict it to crimes up to 23 February 2022? 🤣

Your poor attempts to restrict the discussion within parameters that favor your position are blatant and dishonest.

Majormaxxx

Ah, forgot you could make the view smaller to make it playable. At first I wanted to get a 386SX16 but I'm glad I had to wait six months longer and then could get a 386DX40. Don't remember if it was good enough for fullscreen Doom but Comanche was full speed.
The 386 dx40 was a BEAST. Performance was close to a 486 sx. Awesome machines.

Comanche was playable on mine as well. I think the devs simply made a super effic engine. Btw the game is still fun. And so is doom.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Are you russian, stupid or both?
I'm

- a mixed bastard. 😘
- Stupid ? Without a doubt 🥳
- I identify as a non binary condom 👌🏽

I also like facts and having sex with my dead Sega Saturn. 😎

Please, show me the holy truth of this conflict...

I was just saying the world isn't against Russia.
The west tried to isolate them ? For sure. But west isn't the world especially with their declining demography:

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...rude-surge-since-ukraine-invasion-2022-05-30/

More Russian Oil Than Ever Before Is Heading for China and India​

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-oil-volumes-at-sea-as-cargoes-shift-to-asia

As i said, the west isn't the world.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Ah, the comfortable opinion of someone miles away from a war zone.

Tanks for your contribution.
I just said Russia was not alone...cold facts.

What about you ? You just "liked 👍🏽" a message from someone who just insulted me without proposing any fact...

Smart...

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
As i said, the west isn't the world.

True. But it also appears to be the part of the world with the decent people in it, given we’re not supporting a murderous, criminal regime full of corrupt cunts, who are more than happy to commit large scale war atrocities so they can stay rich.

VN1X

Banned
How about we restrict it to crimes up to 23 February 2022? 🤣

Your poor attempts to restrict the discussion within parameters that favor your position are blatant and dishonest.
We have to draw the line somewhere lol. You cant keep holding a country accountable for things that happened 50 or more years ago, even more so because their current politics differ wildly from that period in time. Whereas with Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden and Putin there's a through line for all their respective administrations. Why would I want the US to be held accountable for shit that isn't relevant any more? Same applies for examples related to Russia. It's not that difficult.

Fat Frog

True. But it also appears to be the part of the world with the decent people in it, given we’re not supporting a murderous, criminal regime full of corrupt cunts, who are more than happy to commit large scale war atrocities so they can stay rich.
Your message can also describe america if you read wikileaks/Julien Assange...

I don't know any war without war crime. In my town of western europe i often see drunken military on the ground surrounded by annoyed police men saying it's always the same...(bar fights...)

Do you really think all young military men are angels in the west ? They are just canon fodder for govs ... Some have moral, some like action, some are future war criminals.

There is no clean or moral war.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I think this sort of thing hurts citizens more than it does the rulers. If Russia wanted it bad enough they could import it from nearby allied countries. It has an impact but usually doesn't stop what was intended. It just makes it worse for those living there.
Russian citizens and Belarusian citizens are responsible for their countries turning into a dictatorship. I spent a summer travelling Russia and love the people, even wanted to return pre Ukraine war but it's the truth.

A very weak minded population who's easily subdued. Even at work when there's trouble with management the Russian worker's always say, what's the point in complaining nothing will change. They just accept shit.

And the sad thing is with the resources of Russia and it's location beside the EU it should be one of the richest countries in the world. Yet the average Russian is poor.

Anyway less chips for Russia gives more to the West and that will ease the supply crisis.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
because their current politics differ wildly from that period in time.

Putin Russia is an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people have no freedom and are being jailed for having an opinion.

Soviet Russia was an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people had no freedom and were jailed for having an opinion.

Tsarist Russia was an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people had no freedom and were jailed for having an opinion.

VN1X

Banned
Putin Russia is an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people have no freedom and are being jailed for having an opinion.

Soviet Russia was an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people had no freedom and were jailed for having an opinion.

Tsarist Russia was an aggressive, belligerent, genocidal dictatorship where people had no freedom and were jailed for having an opinion.
Yes in my country people are also censored and jailed for stating opinions (this happened quite recently even) and I live in one of the most "westernized" countries in Europe lol. We're pretty much a satellite state of the US in that regard.

Anyway my point being (before we lose track) is simple really: I think the current public outrage (and general perception) towards the conflict in Eastern-Ukraine is hypocritical at best. We live in a time where the biggest western powers (US and its allies) commit all kinds of atrocities on the daily and we don't bat an eye. You have people in the US and EU (usually the ones with Trump Derangement Syndrome) who are the most vocal against The Wall and the accompanying border policies but in the next breath herald Ukraine's supposed sovereignty and how its border needs to be protected at all costs, etc (often even going so far as to spout pro-war rhetoric in the process). I'm merely asking for people to gain some perspective and not repeat the same shortsighted talking points they see and hear from pro-war media establishments.

Again though, I am not calling Putin and Russia the good guys here. What I would like to genuinely know though is which is truly the lesser evil here, on a global geo-political scale. One the one hand you have the US who has been bombing at least seven(!) countries over the past two decades which in turn resulted in countless of civilian casualties or Russia who has also been active in the middle-east but, from what I know, not nearly to the same extent as the US and its allies.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yes in my country people are also censored and jailed for stating opinions (this happened quite recently even) and I live in one of the most "westernized" countries in Europe lol. We're pretty much a satellite state of the US in that regard.

Anyway my point being (before we lose track) is simple really: I think the current public outrage (and general perception) towards the conflict in Eastern-Ukraine is hypocritical at best. We live in a time where the biggest western powers (US and its allies) commit all kinds of atrocities on the daily and we don't bat an eye. You have people in the US and EU (usually the ones with Trump Derangement Syndrome) who are the most vocal against The Wall and the accompanying border policies but in the next breath herald Ukraine's supposed sovereignty and how its border needs to be protected at all costs, etc (often even going so far as to spout pro-war rhetoric in the process). I'm merely asking for people to gain some perspective and not repeat the same shortsighted talking points they see and hear from pro-war media establishments.

Again though, I am not calling Putin and Russia the good guys here. What I would like to genuinely know though is which is truly the lesser evil here, on a global geo-political scale. One the one hand you have the US who has been bombing at least seven(!) countries over the past two decades which in turn resulted in countless of civilian casualties or Russia who has also been active in the middle-east but, from what I know, not nearly to the same extent as the US and its allies.

Blah blah the other side also does bad stuff - how about you update your playbook, it’s been 70 years of arguing the same deflecting bullshit to avoid acknowledging responsibilities for atrocities.

winjer

Gold Member
At least George W Bush admitted his war crimes, tough not intentionally.

About the invasions of Iraq. Might we remember that Russia was very critical of Iraq invading Kuwait. And in an UN resolution, supported the use of military force and an embargo to weapons sale.
And then proceeded to sell military equipment to Iraq, for a nice profit. They even tried to sell S400 in 2018, but decided against it after the US threatened with sanctions.

VN1X

Banned
Blah blah the other side also does bad stuff - how about you update your playbook, it’s been 70 years of arguing the same deflecting bullshit to avoid acknowledging responsibilities for atrocities.
Going "Blah blah" is always constructive for a discussion and really helps convincing the other party of your point and not at all reductive or bad faith arguing. But at least I now know not to waste my time any further...

I mean you literally wen't "Putin this, Soviet Russia that, Tsarist Russia so and so" but when I tell you the same type of censorship and jailing happens in my country, or hold up a mirror with regards to recent conflicts that the West has taken a part in, your point falls flat and you resort to petty shit like the above. It's almost as if the world isn't as black and white as you make it out to be, where Putin is some Bond villain stroking his cat biding his time for world domination lol. What's that? How many military bases does Russia have outside of its own borders again? 11? How much does the US have, around 600? One has them on the same continent as their home soil, the other doesn't. "It's okay when we do it!"

Yeah, have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom