• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC) warns of potential higher chip prices in the future, particularly for Nvidia chips

Nvidia Stock Rises. What Taiwan Semi's Earnings Mean for the Chip Maker. — Barrons.com​

Long and short of it, we might be looking at a 50% price increase for Nvidia chips if they start manufacturing them in the US. The good news is that the US factory isn't scheduled to be operational until 2026 at the earliest.

The more you buy, the more you save.
Nvidia is unstoppable, just dabbing on every other gaming company except Microsoft.

I'm still not sure if I should wait for the 50-series or buy a 40 now. Prices still dogshit here in the UK and with the amount of fucked PC ports/versions it also feels like a better choice to just get a PS5 Pro.

I used to love PC gaming but all of the above has me down on it.
Exactly and people are happy to constantly spend over £1000 just for a new gfx card

Allandor

So, instead of $100 for a chip, Nvidia should pay $150. Well not sure if they make a good cut if they still sell the chips for $800 ... Well maybe they should go for $2000 to still make a profit....

I hope everyone gets the irony....

Hohenheim

I'm still not sure if I should wait for the 50-series or buy a 40 now. Prices still dogshit here in the UK and with the amount of fucked PC ports/versions it also feels like a better choice to just get a PS5 Pro.

I used to love PC gaming but all of the above has me down on it.
The whole "fucked up PC versions" thing is really not a big issue. The only game since december 2022 that i've had a issue with is Callisto Protocol, which had serious problems at launch. Since then, every game i've played has been great, and I play 90% of my ganes on PC.
I love my 4090, but I'd probably wait for the 50-series at this point if I was gonna get a new PC.

Rickyiez

AMD will capitalize by undercutting whatever nvidia does by $30 to play for margins and then be confused on why nobody wants their GPUs.
I have already came to the acceptance of that AMD is in this together with Nvidia.

It exist to make Nvidia looks good and Jensen probably funding AMD to make something barely good enough but without the market appeal

Top Bottom