• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two has closed Intercept Games (Kerbal Space Program 2 developers)

Draugoth

Gold Member
EGS_KerbalSpaceProgram2_InterceptGames_S1_2560x1440-dad2e3071a698eb91c8e4154b3ffa867

Take Two has closed Intercept Games, the developers of Kerbal Space Program 2 developers. The game is still in early access.

Layoffs start on June 28th, all 70 employees affected
Report via a Government letter: https://esd.wa.gov/about-employees/WARN

Kacho

lmao!!!!

What a disaster. The sequel project sounded fucked from the start with all the delays and behind the scenes drama. Now it's proper fucked. Glad I never bought it.

StueyDuck

I mean they fucked up KSP2 royally, releasing in that state at that price was insane, which is kind of sad because the idea of KSP2 in theory was going to be awesome.

Co-op KSP with an interstellar "survival" persistent campaign, building space stations together managing logistics etc would have been so much fun. guess I'll just stick to space engineers, at least a new SE or at least a new engine is meant to be coming eventually, so will look forward to that.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Is this the same team as the first game? I thought that game sold well. I seem to remember that they were an independent developer and I could have sworn Valve was interested in them or maybe they joined Valve for a time? It is a shame that indie devs get swallowed up by corporate AAA companies because when you are on their dime you better make some money for them or could be quickly on the chopping block.

StereoVsn

Is this the same team as the first game? I thought that game sold well. I seem to remember that they were an independent developer and I could have sworn Valve was interested in them or maybe they joined Valve for a time? It is a shame that indie devs get swallowed up by corporate AAA companies because when you are on their dime you better make some money for them or could be quickly on the chopping block.
Yeah, the OG team got booted and the team put on the game f-d it up. So here we sre in the final act of this disaster.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I seriously doubt this is anything to do with the economy, take 2 aren’t exactly strapped for cash. More like greedy execs
No way, it is hybrid working / remote work and the economy, Take 2 is this poor misunderstood company strapped for cash.

I mean, massive wasted of time at work everyone hate? Just peachy, well oiled business. Something like remote work employees like? Wait… they like something about their job? Cannot have that, that must be the reason we are not making 126x the revenue we are making right now, for sure.

/s.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
It's incredible how much effort take two made to ruin the life of everyone involved in this franchise.

Top Bottom