• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Interactive Comments on the Possibility of Being Acquired by Another Gaming Corporation

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an interview which was initially reported on over at IGN, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick opened up on the current state of Take-Two and the potential for the company to be swept up by someone bigger.

In short, it's very unlikely for Take-Two to be acquired right now. Zelnick has stated that at the present time Take-Two enjoys being an independent company that only has its shareholders to answer to. The CEO cited the tremendous success that it has as an independent entity, suggesting that it has no reason to succumb to an acquisition. Zelnick also offered further context for Take-Two's $12.7 billion acquisition of Zynga. The mobile developer is known for hits such as FarmVille and Draw Something.He explained that Take-Two wants any growth to be "organic," with any acquisitions along the way being a part of a selective process with the aim to bring great IPs and great teams into the fold.

Zelnick also commented on Take-Two's in house developer Private Division acquiring Roll7, a British game developer that is best known for OlliOlli. It was alluded to that the mobile market will be integral to Take-Two moving forward. Zelnick suggested that the acquisitions of Zynga and Roll7 ultimately improved Take-Two, specifically calling the Zynga acquisition significant for the company.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
gta is their biggest money maker, just take a look at gta V sales.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anything can happen regarding acquisitions. T2 bought Zynga for $12.7B which I find amazing as T2 right now is valued at $14B. So in a buyout, T2 might be worth $20B tops.

Zynga loses money most of the time and the years they made money recently they barely scraped by in the green.

reksveks

Anything can happen regarding acquisitions. T2 bought Zynga for $12.7B which I find amazing as T2 right now is valued at $14B. So in a buyout, T2 might be worth $20B tops.

Zynga loses money most of the time and the years they made money recently they barely scraped by in the green.
The current T2 price isn't accounting for the zynga deal. Once the deal completes, I suspect that the market cap of T2 to hit 20bn or close to it.

Given the premium on gaming company's, I think you are looking at 30bn for T2.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The current T2 price isn't accounting for the zynga deal. Once the deal completes, I suspect that the market cap of T2 to hit 20bn or close to it.

Given the premium on gaming company's, I think you are looking at 30bn for T2.
Totally.

I was just amazed that Zynga (even after the premium paid) isn't that far off from T2. I would had thought T2 would be leagues ahead given their stature in gaming and that they make profits.

reksveks

Totally.

I was just amazed that Zynga (even after the premium paid) isn't that far off from T2. I would had thought T2 would be leagues ahead given their stature in gaming and that they make profits.
Someone in Zynga clearly told T2 that they could hit King profit margins. I don't get Zynga's profit margin as well.

I think it was a bit of a desperation buy after the EA mobile purchases in 2021 or there is some thing in Zynga that's cooking away.

Top Bottom