• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Strauss Zelnick CEO says the GTA series can last as long as James Bond

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yep.

One movie.
Three different generations.
Dog Reaction GIF

GTA6 is the test. If they can deliver the real GTA experience in this cultural environment then I’ll be happy to wait a decade between each title forevermore.

I have basically zero expectation of that happening, but I truly hope I’m wrong!

I don't see it, not in it's current form anyway.

A game like GTA needs to be able to poke fun at everything and everyone. I don't see that lasting much longer.

GTA will continue to exist for a long time sure, but not in the form that made it so great in the first place.

I think it will focus more on going up against very clearly defined "bad" guys and it'll lose a lot of the humor and indiscriminate violence. I think it was Watch Dogs 2 where aim assist didn't even work on civilians? I think it's going to be that but amped up over time (maybe one day you'll only be able to shoot criminals or something).
They stopped with this in GTA 5 honestly. Hell, even Red Dead 1 had some offensive stereotypes and dark jokes. The new games usually pussy foot around any kind of actually funny dark humor.

Top Bottom