• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales from blogger's ass: Wachowskis making excl. Wii U game (Retro, Comcept, more..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
99% fake, but someone will get to post it eventually. It might as well be me.

http://dminsky.tumblr.com/

Lately, I’ve been sick and had to rest at my home.

I’ve tried to post this to NeoGAF, but due to problems involving my e-mail address, I couldn’t send it so please, if you see this, share it; This isn’t a hoax and I’ve been trying to get this out of me.

I decided to check the internet to see some news in the area I’m working and also to see some movies on Netflix.

Every thread I go on Nintendo Forums, the fans of this company seem to be suffering “Gaming bullying”, with people reflecting their games and low 3rd party.

And seeing how the company did suffer some financial problems, I got mixed feeling about it; Something between Frustration, Desperation and Sadness.

Frustrated on seeing Nintendoomed comments for a console that released 1 year ago and barely started to shine (the PS3 suffered the same and people can’t notice that) ; Sad, because of how a company is working so hard yet things aren’t happening the way the wanted and even when they mature, people can’t respect that; And Desperate on thinking wheter or not, the comments might come to life and Nintendo perishes before our promised product is released (Yes, I’m a very anxious person).

You’ve might be wondering: What is this guy talking about?

Well, here I’m going to say something to get rid of these feelings and to get hopes up for the console we’re working for.

I’m not going to say my real name so I can’t risk losing a job and I will just be giving info on the game; Not going to show concept art, gameplay tests or anything. I am going to say the basic premise of the game and the backstory behind the project.

I apologize if my english might be poor, I wasn’t born on english-speaking countries.

Let’s begin.

I work at a studio in Latin America, that is being responsible for making a collaborative effort for a game released exclusively to the Nintendo Wii U; From day-to-day, I have been talking with studios around the globe, from the USA to Russia and even, some guys from Comcept in Japan.

The project’s codename is Parallelum (Latim for Parallels).

The backstory of this project involves the book turned to film Cloud Atlas; The Wachowski Brothers due to their fascination with gaming, we’re interested in making a game about the film adaptation after the played the game Guild 01 in a trip to Japan.

And got interested in the idea of making completely different games into one disc based on Cloud Atlas (Unlike Guild 01, they wanted to make these games connected in terms of story but completely different in gameplay).

They went to a lot of different companies to see wheter or not they would like their idea, they even went to Konami asking if their friend Hideo Kojima was interested.

The idea didn’t catch on and the creator of the book didn’t approve the making of the game, so it was scrapped.

So the Wachowskis went on to filming their other film, Jupiter Ascending; But when Lana was on a metro train on the way to the studio, she met Retro Studios’ CEO Jeff Spangenberg.

After a quick talk; Lana, Larry and Jeff decided to have a meeting, after Larry told Lana he worked for the studio behind Metroid Prime, being a fan of the game Lana talked about her project and decided to see if Jeff was interested in their scrapped concept.

After being intrigued by it, Jeff sent the idea to Nintendo and talked about it, seeing how the game could affect the Wii U’s sales positively and thinking about collaborating game developers with film directors and create a creative harmony, Nintendo approved of the Wachowski’s idea.

But seeing how the project was too expensive, film companies Village Roadshow (that is helping the Wachowskis in their upcoming film) and Warner Bros decided to aid in the financial area of the game and distribute as well, in order to do that, Nintendo signed an especific contract that no one (even Jeff that was the first person to know about this) on this game development besides the Wachowskis and the companies mentioned knows what this contract mentions; We don’t know if it gives the film rights of Nintendo characters to either film companies or If Nintendo will make a Jupiter Ascending game (In my opinion, a Star Fox film would be interested, as long as the sequels don’t downgrade the franchise’s quality)

Though, since the Book’s creator didn’t approve of the idea, they decided to make an original concept; The Wachowskis then invited some friends in the film industry to see if they would like to collaborate, these included: Joss Whedon, Tom Twyker and even Lord of the Rings director, Peter Jackson. Being interested in doing a collaboration with them for a long time, City of God director Fernando Meirelles was attached to the project; the Wachowskis loved City of God and (even with the film’s bad reviews) 360 and thought of doing a project with him, Fernando seeing the promise of the video game industry, especially after seeing the fact of Hollywood directors like Spielberg and Arad, joined in.

And you might be asking about what I said earlier about Comcept; Well the brothers became friends with Keiji Inafune sometime ago, and after they mentioned the game to him, Keiji Inafune decided to join the game development process.

Now here is where the studio I work comes, with the huge promise of the game, developers like Spark Affinity, Retro Studios, Next Level Games, Paon and many more.

Even the tiniest of objects and games most be made with the help of different contacts and studios.

This is probably the biggest, probably most potential project in our studio’s history (and maybe Nintendo’s).

And we’re aiding the project bit by bit.

Now like I promised, here’s the story for each of the games:

The Wachowskis’ game is a sci-fi RPG by the name of “The Spaceship Archimedes” which talks about a 16 year-old rookie soldier aboard the Spaceship Archimedes trying to stop one of the universe’s most dangerous assassins from achieving unhuman powers.

The Meirelles project is set on current Rio de Janeiro and is called “The Golden Diva”, a thriller that introduces the character Police Officer Marillia and Interpol Detective Jon Redford investigating the crimes commited by a mysterious serial killer that is well known around the globe.

And Finally, the Inafune project, “Honour in Blood” a point n click adventure that is set in the Renaissansce Era, featuring the protagonist (a Homosexual Renaissance painter) discovering about a secret political order.

Hope you guys like our final project (if it’s not cancelled that is) and in terms of release, I’m thinking 2017-2018 might be the closest date if the development enters a steady process.

Minsky.

tl;dr:

The Wachowskis wanted to make a video game based on Cloud Atlas, with many different types of gameplay. The idea didn't catch on.
They met Retro Studios' CEO, he liked it, they took it to Nintendo who approved the idea.
Other developers are involved as well: Comcept, Spark Affinity, Next Level Games, Paon and more.
New story.
Warner, Village and Nintendo all producing/distributing etc.

Three games in one(?):

The Spaceship Archimedes, by the Wachowskis, scifi RPG.
The Golden Diva, by Fernando Meirelles, thriller.
“Honour in Blood”, by Keiji Inafune, point n click adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom