• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Arise has been delayed

Mista

Banned
full-image.php

Bandai Namco has delayed Tales of Arise from its previously planned 2020 release window to an unannounced release window.

In a message, producer Yusuke Tomizawa said that while the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has affected some aspects of development, the team has done its best to adapt, but will need more time “to achieve the quality and provide the gorgeous experience we envision for our players.”
As you may have already seen in media stories and on our social media channels, we have made the decision to delay the launch timing of Tales of Arise, the latest title in the Tales of series.

The goal for Tales of Arise is to provide a familiar but innovative gameplay experience to fans of the series, while pushing the technical envelope to deliver a high level of graphical quality to impress both long-time players and those who have never played a Tales of game. Development on the title has moved steadily forward in 2020 as we overcame challenges along the way.

While COVID-19 has affected some aspects of development, we’ve done our best to adapt to the situation and have implemented remote development capabilities for our team.

However, we will need more time to achieve the quality and provide the gorgeous experience we envision for our players, and therefore we decided to delay the launch timing for Tales of Arise.

A new launch window update will be provided once we have more details to share.

In the meantime, the determination of our development team has not weakened. It is always darkest before the dawn, as illustrated in the [new illustration image]. We hope you will join us as a bring a new Tales of adventure to light.

Feel free to download this image (JPG / PNG) and use it as a reminder for what’s to come for PC background or remote meeting.

Thank you for your patience and support for Tales of Arise and the Tales of series.

Regards,
Yusuke Tomizawa the producer of Tales of Arise
Gematsu

sublimit

Banned
Yeah this has been posted in the other Tales of Arise thread but i still don't understand how they can delay something that didn't even had a release window yet. I mean no one would have noticed it if they didn't said anything. :p

VertigoOA

Banned
Have there been any good tales games since Vesperia ... I mean... I honestly. I feel like every time I try playing a new one it’s ... a massive gamble. Always like the combat in these games by default but that’s pretty consistent mostly.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's ok. I actually figured as much but I think this will be the best Tales game yet

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Have there been any good tales games since Vesperia ... I mean... I honestly. I feel like every time I try playing a new one it’s ... a massive gamble. Always like the combat in these games by default but that’s pretty consistent mostly.
Tales of Xillia was good. I am surprised Bandai Namco still hasnt ported these to PC and current gen consoles.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Have to see more gameplay and combat of the game but im interested in Tales of Arise. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new trailer at Microsoft's July Showcase with it being cross-gen and part of their Smart Delivery program.

Astral Dog

This one looks really, REALLY good , like i can't believe its a Tales game good so keep an eye on,otherwise i can't really recommend another.

Fbh

Xillia was pretty good and people seem to like Berseria (haven't played it though).

The biggest issue with the franchise in recent years have been the dated visuals. Something that Arise will hopefully fix

Doom85

Yes. Berseria was good

I'm 25 hours into that one right now, and I agree, this feels like the first Tales game of the last ten years I would put close to the quality of Abyss, Vesperia, and Symphonia for me. Like, I do think Graces F, Xillia, and Zesteria ranged from good to really good (Xillia 2 though felt soulless to me) but all of them had some issues that held them back significantly. So far Berseria hasn't had any major issues.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Xillia was pretty good and people seem to like Berseria (haven't played it though).

The biggest issue with the franchise in recent years have been the dated visuals. Something that Arise will hopefully fix
I think it much more do with the art direction, from tech stand point Xillia has much better graphics than Vesperia but I personally think Vesperia looks vastly better than Xillia because of the superior art direction.

Graciaus

Hearts r, Graces f, Xillia 2, and Berseria were all great.

The only one that wasn't good was zestiria.

Last edited:

GodofWhimsy

This looked pretty tight from the trailers I've seen. Planning on making it my first "Tales" game. I know that a lot of the previous titles are highly acclaimed, but I don't feel like pumping 40+ hours into an older game that I'm not all that interested in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This entry looks like they're taking the series in a new direction that might appeal to a wider audience. Tho, I could see them alienating some hard-core fans if they push too far in the direction of "wide appeal".

I look forward to seeing how it turns out 👍

SantaC

Hearts r, Graces f, Xillia 2, and Berseria were all great.

The only one that wasn't good was zestiria.
I must be the only one who didnt like Berseria. The game was tied into the zestiria universe which was offputting. Plus the convulted equipment system.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I figured we wouldn’t be getting it any time soon. Hopefully this just gives them time to spend on some next-gen enhancements.

Last edited:

Graciaus

I must be the only one who didnt like Berseria. The game was tied into the zestiria universe which was offputting. Plus the convulted equipment system.
its been awhile but didn't it just use the Final Fantasy 9 equipment system? Now Zestiria had an awful equipment system. The only thing I didn't like about berseria was it like all Tales was poorly balanced. One of the rare games where all the characters are fun to use in battle.
Not just GrandBlue Relink...also Atlus needs to give us update on these two games.
SMT5 is a myth.

Top Bottom