• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Arise Producer Teases Remakes & Possible Anime Plans

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper

Tales of producer teases future developments and remakes, possibly with graphics even better than Arise‘s Atmos Shaders

“The Atmospheric Shaders graphics used in Tales of Arise will be used in future Tales of games too. It would take a considerable amount of work to use Atmospheric Shaders for remakes though. But we’re developing an improved version. We don’t know yet if the improved version will be ready in time for the next game or if it’ll be implemented even later on.”
Tales of Arise possible anime plans teased

“There are many parts of the Arise story not shown in the game. Like when did Shionne come to Dahna, or the story of Alphen from 300 years ago. I could just expand on these parts in interviews, but I hope to do something with them that will please fans. For example, we could make an anime adaptation depicting different story elements than in the game, and focus on these parts. I can’t tell you yet if we’re actually making an anime or not though”.

Doom85

Really wish Tales of Berseria had gotten an anime series as that is one of my faves in the series in terms of cast/story. Instead, Zesteria did which most Tales fans agree was the inferior entry.

Dunno if Arise would interest me as an anime. Having just finished the 3rd realm, the cast/story are getting a bit better, but it’s still weaker than prior entries. I feel the cast doesn’t have as detailed chemistry as a whole. In the better Tales games, almost any party member could play off any another party member in a unique way due to their personalities, quirks, likes/dislikes, pet peeves, etc. and this usually happened in the skits. Here, skits are mostly plot-based or just restating the basic element of a character’s personality we already knew about. And the new skit design is not appealing, sure you can see everyone’s customized outfits, but they lack the great facial expressions party members would use to play off one another in prior entries’ skits. The older skits felt like a well-seasoned D&D group doing fun improv in-character while Arise’s skits feel like a group role playing out of obligation and not expanding their characters beyond their main focus.

FStubbs

Really wish Tales of Berseria had gotten an anime series as that is one of my faves in the series in terms of cast/story. Instead, Zesteria did which most Tales fans agree was the inferior entry.

Dunno if Arise would interest me as an anime. Having just finished the 3rd realm, the cast/story are getting a bit better, but it’s still weaker than prior entries. I feel the cast doesn’t have as detailed chemistry as a whole. In the better Tales games, almost any party member could play off any another party member in a unique way due to their personalities, quirks, likes/dislikes, pet peeves, etc. and this usually happened in the skits. Here, skits are mostly plot-based or just restating the basic element of a character’s personality we already knew about. And the new skit design is not appealing, sure you can see everyone’s customized outfits, but they lack the great facial expressions party members would use to play off one another in prior entries’ skits. The older skits felt like a well-seasoned D&D group doing fun improv in-character while Arise’s skits feel like a group role playing out of obligation and not expanding their characters beyond their main focus.
I just started the 3rd realm. I will say Tales of Graces epitomized what you're saying - whoever wrote the after battle montages in that game was by far the best writer on that game. I don't think Arise has these at all, and you're right, the skits have been pretty repetitive so far.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Tales of producer teases future developments and remakes, possibly with graphics even better than Arise‘s Atmos Shaders

“The Atmospheric Shaders graphics used in Tales of Arise will be used in future Tales of games too. It would take a considerable amount of work to use Atmospheric Shaders for remakes though. But we’re developing an improved version. We don’t know yet if the improved version will be ready in time for the next game or if it’ll be implemented even later on.”

Where did they read a "tease of remakes?"

He said he thinks that the shader may be the base of future games, but it's too much work to use it for hypothetical remakes. For now, he can't say, but the team will continue to research the visual expression with the Atmos shader, and this is in the context of generic future games, not necessarily remakes. There isn't a tease of any remakes anywhere here. Ha also concludes that the opinion of the fans is their guide for what they'll do in the future, which here is omitted. He's talking in a completely hypothetical way here.

This business of (badly) translating super-incomplete leaked summaries of interviews out of context grabbed from random blogs really needs to stop. 🤔

Those blogs never report the questions and only include a very small excerpt of some of the answers, so you completely lack the context to do a proper translation, and Japanese is a language in which context is fundamental. It's basically nothing more than misquotes waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Didn’t they do an anime for their other game recently? Not Code Vein…can’t even remember the name. Came out last summer.

Point is, please no. No one watches that stuff. The story and characters aren’t even interesting enough to carry the games.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Didn’t they do an anime for their other game recently? Not Code Vein…can’t even remember the name. Came out last summer.

Point is, please no. No one watches that stuff. The story and characters aren’t even interesting enough to carry the games.

Scarlet Nexus, and I'm wondering by what parameter you say that "no one" watches them.

Cornbread78

Yes and yes.

The Tales of Zesteria anime was done by Ufotable and was better than the game as it fixed some plot points and lets face it, Ufotable is one of the best in the industry

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Do you always take everything so literally on the internet? Are you familiar with the term speaking generally?

Are you familiar with the idea of not speaking for "everyone" because you happen to personally not happen something?

Your personal taste doesn't apply to everyone.

Top Bottom