• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Rebirth looks so hot

olimario

Banned
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

And these aren't even the best scenes I've seen in scans and such.
I hope Namco makes the choice to port this over to the GameCube and then bring it to the US so I can play it.

You gotta realise what most of us have, the only way we'll see Tales games in the US is if they're ported to the PSP or if they decide to allow 3rd parties to publish it. NAMCO just doesn't want to do it.

Soul4ger

It does look amazing. I hope Namco localizes it or, worst case scenario, ports it and brings it over on another console. I love these games.

Beautiful Sprites there. I just hope Tales of Rebirth comes here on any platform. Hopefully if ToS sells well, ToR won't suffer the same fate as ToD2.

jarrod

Banned
If Symphonia sells well, I think we'll just get the PS2 port and then Legendia (if it exists). The only way I see Rebirth coming to America is if it gets a PSP port down the line.

Vargas

The game looks great. Hopefully Namco will actually release the game or pass it off to someone who will.

Vargas said:
The game looks great. Hopefully Namco will actually release the game or pass it off to someone who will.

Don't count on it. Several developers were known to be going after ToD2 (WD and UBI for example) and NAMCO wouldn't allow them. If NAMCO doesn't do it we won't get it. A PSP port is really our best shot.

Vargas

But I want it on the PS2!! Start sending Namco appendages people. We will have this game on a console no matter the cost.

Mumbles

Vargas said:
But I want it on the PS2!! Start sending Namco appendages people. We will have this game on a console no matter the cost.

Hmmm...can I go rampage through Namco US's offices with a sledgehammer instead? I don't know if it would help change their policies, but the fact that they didn't import Tales of Destiny 2 really makes me want to smash something.

Socreges

Banned
It looks they beat Symphonia with an ugly stick. Not very hard, mind you, but they did manage to make it look slightly worse.

belgurdo

Banned
kiryogi said:
Good ole' Inomata. I'm tellin' ya, Mao's gonna turn out ot be a girl.

I always wondered why Namco chose to have a femme-obsessed shoujo artist draw the character designs for what is essentially a fighting game with levels instead of giving those duties back to Fujishima or a more appropriate artist. I never really understood that.

Bebpo

Banned
belgurdo said:
I always wondered why Namco chose to have a femme-obsessed shoujo artist draw the character designs for what is essentially a fighting game with levels instead of giving those duties back to Fujishima or a more appropriate artist. I never really understood that.

Well at least it's something different. I found Fujishima's art incredibly boring. Full of by the book ( good guy/good girl/bad guy/bad girl), designs. I mean how often do you see shoujo art in games at all?

belgurdo

Banned
Bebpo said:
Well at least it's something different. I found Fujishima's art incredibly boring. Full of by the book ( good guy/good girl/bad guy/bad girl), designs. I mean how often do you see shoujo art in games at all?

Most any PC hentai game comes to mind, as do a lot of other RPGs.

And it's not really "different" moreso than it is the same generic anime shit only the characters are colored in pastels and have dinner plate eyes instead of being clad in red/blue/black and frowning all the time.

Shouta

Screens need to be more active. Character design needs to be beaten with a stick. Bring back the general design feel that came with the original Tales of Destiny. Fujishima is boring. I just woke up so I'm talking in short sentences.

belgurdo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That's her art? What happened then? They don't really seem to be her style at all.

Like I said, her character designs get lamer/fruitier every game. Don't know why though.

Veigue is a character design I actually like quite a bit.

big_p_chara_01.jpg

I just don't really care for the other 3 that have been unveiled so far. Claire's isn't so bad but her eye color is just really strange. Mao's the worst of them though.

Shouta

That's why I said I wanted the design style from ToD back. They get fruitier/lamer every year despite being the same person -_-.

ferricide

after blowing through symphonia i'm actually really jazzed about the idea of rebirth, but it seems to me that the game is too 2D to make it through namco's internal approval processes. then again the plot has never been the strong point of tales, so if they pass on it, i might just have to play the import.

but i imagine whether or not they try to put this out here is almost entirely contigent on the performance of TOS. so buy TOS, if you want to see this game here. and also buy it because it's the best game in the tales series and a lot of fun, and gorgeous.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Meh, Symphonia looks a lot cleaner. This game looks like it's suffering from the infamous PS2 Nasty IQ (from these screengrabs, anyway).

Top Bottom