• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsujin Oh / Truxton II; dumb expensive games that are "worth" the $$$

VGEsoterica

I won't pretend to have paid CURRENT asking rates for Tatsujin Oh on the FM Towns. I got a little drunk some years back and decided to browse eBay....always a risky time! A couple hundred dollars later I owned a copy of Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh for the FM Towns. It has become hands down one of my favorite FM Towns games in my collection (second only to Splatterhouse...also bought while drinking...I need to hide my phone lol)

Toaplan made amazing shmups but for my (drunk) money Tatsujin Oh is my absolute favorite of the shmups they've done. Its just got everything you want in a shmup...awesome and difficult gameplay, a killer soundtrack, great graphics and perfect flow. It's one of those games that's so rare I feel like most people probably haven't played it...and should!

For me it's one of those 'dumb expensive' games that is 100% worth the money. But that got me thinking...what are other stupidly expensive games people love so much they consider them to be worth the current asking price? Because retro game collecting has exploded lately and become downright stupid when it comes to pricing

Top Bottom