• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tchia - Review Thread (available today on PS+ Extra)

Luipadre

yeah they added a 1080p 60 fps mode. tbh 30 fps in a game like this doesnt bother me and looks much better in fidelity mode because of the much higher ress

SJRB

Gold Member
yeah they added a 1080p 60 fps mode. tbh 30 fps in a game like this doesnt bother me and looks much better in fidelity mode because of the much higher ress

Wait it's 1080/60, really? On PS5, really??

ari-gold.gif

Umbasaborne

Banned
Also glad i purchased a super computer recently, playing this game at 4k 120 fps max with the fov cranked all the way the fuck up has been a dream. I dont know whats going on with these consoles, either they arent as powerful as they need to be for most 3rd party games these days, or developers are doing a poor job optimizing for them. Between this and re4, something definitely seems up. But on the first party side they are killing it, nothing about horizon forbidden west or forza horizon 5 seem held back visually by the ps5 or series x

Tarnpanzer

You know what 1080p seems fine in this game. Not sure why.

I agree that it can depend on the game.

But it also depends on:

- personal preference of a sharp image
- TV size
- viewing distance
- personal eyesight

Also glad i purchased a super computer recently, playing this game at 4k 120 fps max with the fov cranked all the way the fuck up has been a dream.

I know that feel.

On the weekend I tested Breath of the Wild with graphic mods in 4K/120 on Cemu. Simply mindblowing.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I started playing last night, almost started feeling sick because of the 30fps, I told myself I'd pretend it was stop motion animation and see if I could battle through it. I played again at lunch and was about to give up and I got a pop up on the PS5 to say there was a patch....

This may sounds hyperbolic, but it's a completely different game at 60fps, so fun exploring the world and jumping in and out of creatures. This was the first time I realised how much there is no going back to 30fps, especially for open world games.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I agree that it can depend on the game.

But it also depends on:

- personal preference of a sharp image
- TV size
- viewing distance
- personal eyesight

I know that feel.

On the weekend I tested Breath of the Wild with graphic mods in 4K/120 on Cemu. Simply mindblowing.
I would love to try botw, i have no clue how to legally get the roms, even though i own it on wii u and switch, its not as easy as just ripping the wii u disc i imagine lol

Nice! I played like a third of the game at 30fps. It was rougher than I thought. I'm not normally a fps snob.
With it at 1080p/60fps, maybe I should play it in the PSVR2 cinematic mode, since that's at 1080p.

30fps and the garbage input lag are smooth??

KV9xj2z.gif
I know what you're talking about but I mean in terms of red dead there isn't really input lag. It's meant to be slow moving and animation heavy.

After my 60fps awakening it's literally the only 30fps game I've been able to get hooked on again.

In terms of 30fps games I believe it's the smoothest out there.

But of course I usually watch a movie or something that's 24fps before hand.

I bought Red Dead 2 for like $10 and still haven't touched it. One day. I think I stopped playing RDR like 30min before the ending. haha
I actually think I had the same experience with RDR like waaayy long ago in eons of time haha. The ending is really sick though.

People praise RDR2's story but it's obviously very predictable since it's a prequel and regardless I think Arthur is a much less interesting character than John is.

But I fucking LOVE just existing in the world of RDR2 especially going out in the wilderness and essentially treating it as a camping simulator.

Top Bottom